1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Work Experience help

1. Nov 7, 2011 #1
    I want to study Electrical Engineering at university and want to do a bit of work experience before I would have to be making any definite choices about doing this topic.

I have contacted 2 companies who have offered me work experience. The first is the company my school gave me the details for and with this one I would be working for a larger company that will be known by the university. However this placement would be unpaid and wouldn't have a lot of hands on experience.

The second is owned by a family friend and is a decent sized company which makes control panels for motors. He has said that he would be able to organise work experience that would be a bit more hands on and he will write a letter to the school confirming that he will do my work experience.

The problem is do I go for the more well known place with less hands on work or try and get some proper experience?

Thanks
    AL

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted