Where can I find reliable worked physics examples for first year undergraduates?

• Testing
  • Thread starter ZedCar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation discussed the search for websites or resources that provide reliable worked examples of physics questions suitable for first year undergraduate level. One suggestion was the Schaum's Outlines, which offer books for different levels of physics. The conversation participants also mentioned checking out other books by Schaums.
ZedCar
I was just wondering if anyone here had discovered any good websites which contain plenty of reliable worked examples of physics questions suitable for first year physics undergraduate level?

Either free or subscription.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know about websites, but the Schaum's Outlines do that. Definitely worth looking into. Here's a good one for college (non-calculus) physics; they also have calculus-based and some of the more advanced classes.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071763465/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Thanks for that.

I've looked at a Schaums book, and it had plenty of examples. Though the one I was looking at didn't go to a high enough level.

I'll see what other books they have.

Thanks again

1. What is the purpose of "Worked Physics Examples"?

The purpose of "Worked Physics Examples" is to provide students with practical applications of physics concepts and principles. These examples help students understand how to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world problems and scenarios.

2. How can "Worked Physics Examples" benefit students?

"Worked Physics Examples" can benefit students by improving their problem-solving skills, enhancing their understanding of physics concepts, and preparing them for exams and assessments. These examples can also help students develop critical thinking skills and foster a deeper appreciation for the subject.

3. Are "Worked Physics Examples" useful for all levels of physics education?

Yes, "Worked Physics Examples" can be useful for students at all levels of physics education, from high school to university. These examples can be adapted to suit different levels of difficulty and can be beneficial for both beginners and more advanced students.

4. How can I use "Worked Physics Examples" effectively?

To use "Worked Physics Examples" effectively, it is important to thoroughly read and understand the given problem and solution. It is also helpful to try solving the problem on your own before referring to the worked example. Additionally, you can use these examples to practice and reinforce your understanding of physics concepts.

5. Can "Worked Physics Examples" be used as a substitute for studying?

No, "Worked Physics Examples" should not be used as a substitute for studying. These examples are meant to supplement your learning and understanding of physics, not replace it. It is important to also read and study your textbooks, attend lectures, and complete assigned homework to fully grasp the concepts.