Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Working of driver

1. Mar 31, 2015 #1
    currently I'm using IGBT High Side driver. May i know how to check is the driver working or not working??

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2015 #2

Baluncore

Science Advisor

Exactly what voltages are you using ? Is it dangerous HV ?
    Measure the voltage between the +ve supply rail and the gate drive with an isolated multimeter.
    You might need to use an oscilloscope to see the switching waveforms.
    Can you post your circuit with component values and the part numbers of the high-side driver and the IGBT.

4. Mar 31, 2015 #3
    hi, thanks for the quick reply.. this is the driver that i use (http://www.rcscomponents.kiev.ua/datasheets/irs21850spbf.pdf)
    for the filter capacitor value is 100 microF, and the charging pump capacitor 10 microF.
    i supply 15V to Vcc... hope you are able to help me.

Attached Files:

5. Mar 31, 2015 #4

Hesch

Gold Member

I assume that your capacitors (10μF, 100μF) are electrolytic capacitors. Remember to add small (ceramic) capacitors in parallel (100nF - 200nF) close to the driver) as the noise from the IGBT includes high frequency harmonics. An electrolytic capacitor is not fit for these, as it has some reactance contained.

6. Mar 31, 2015 #5

Baluncore

Science Advisor

Insufficient information. No circuit, no IGBT part number...
    Symptoms would also be helpful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook