Would you buy a used swimsuit?

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, if you would buy it, you would buy it because you like it and the price. If it's vintage, and they don't make them anymore, you just have to set your mind that it's vintage and clean.
stinkbomb12 said:
what do you need a swim suit for? i just swim in my underwear.

And you wondered why you've been permanently banned from the local Y?

Physics news on Phys.org
GeorginaS said:

And a registered sex offender.

I hadn't thought this would be a concern to women. They don't seem to mind trying on unmentionables at the clothing store. Which I never understand. You'd never see a guy trying on some trunks to see how they looked on him.

Newai said:
I hadn't thought this would be a concern to women. They don't seem to mind trying on unmentionables at the clothing store. Which I never understand. You'd never see a guy trying on some trunks to see how they looked on him.

In some states you cannot return or resell used swimsuits. And they don't let you try them on without wearing something.

sas3 said:
Guys will never have used underwear to sell because when a guy is done with underwear there is only the some of the elastic band and maybe some miscellaneous threads left.

When you pull em up and there's nothing left but a waist band, time to go.

Ivan Seeking said:

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/04/16/us/clinton-taxes-laid-bare-line-by-line.html

In previous returns, when Mr. Clinton was the Governor of Arkansas and his wife was a partner in a Little Rock law firm, the Clintons had gone so far as to deduct $2 for underwear donated to charities. The deduction was ridiculed by comedians and pundits, and the White House did not itemize the Clintons' $17,000 in charitable contributions on the 1993 return.

just imagine where that underwear has been

There's a blatant denial of reality here. Would you buy a swimsuit that had been used by MIH? Guys, please be honest!

turbo-1 said:
There's a blatant denial of reality here. Would you buy a swimsuit that had been used by MIH? Guys, please be honest!

maybe. if it wasn't laundered.

Proton Soup said:
maybe. if it wasn't laundered.
There you go! And at a significant premium over a similar swim-suit being sold by some bimbo like Pam Anderson. MIH has some brain-cells that are still firing and interacting!

airborne18 said:
In some states you cannot return or resell used swimsuits. And they don't let you try them on without wearing something.

Oh, I saw an episode of some investigative journalist undercover or hidden camera. They were exposing the industry for accepting those returns. They even bought some articles and had them tested for blood. It was easy for people to walk into booths and try on those clothes.

Newai said:

Well, if one has any sense at all, one does remove one's own unmentionables when trying on unmentionables in the store. And one washes the new ones upon arrival home with them. That's sensible and safe and stuff.

And unmentionables need trying on, because no one standardises sizing for women so while a small might fit you in one brand name, you'll need a medium in another brand name. Stuff needs trying on. Trust me on this one.

I like crabs, not so sure about the other stuff.

As long as it was in decent shape and prices right - sure! A capful of bleach, soap, and hot water works wonders on all the aforementioned issues.

It'd be cleaner than a public toilet seat.

turbo-1 said:

I thought of that when I seen the title and OP of this thread. :wink:

I don't think id buy a used swimsuit, but sometimes I like to shop at goodwill for the occasional good deal.

Ivan Seeking said:

But Ivan, you don't realize that you could turn the waist band into headband or sweat band. No need to waste it.

airborne18 said:
But Ivan, you don't realize that you could turn the waist band into headband or sweat band. No need to waste it.

:confused: Then why do they call it a waste band?

preluderacer said:
I don't think id buy a used swimsuit, but sometimes I like to shop at goodwill for the occasional good deal.

I love second hand stores!

GeorginaS said:

hahaha, we don't have a local pool open to the public. me and my friends just swim in a lake or pond. on a hot day i wear my underwear around the house, in public, even to work! i live in a small town where everybody knows me and nobody really cares.