1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Young's double slit experiment

1. Jul 10, 2009 #1
    please can you lookm at my video on youtube and give comment,if you think im mad say so,if you think it looks right please say so (it isnt a spam video just what i think is missing from the experiment thats all)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_vNk-TJOs&feature=channel_page

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2009 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

What's the point of your video and why do you think it has anything to do with Young's double slit?

4. Jul 10, 2009 #3
    did you look at video ? counter still says only 2 views 17 looked at post but counter is same only 2,
    have you ever dont the 2 slit experiment, ?
    i ask because i thought any one who has should see what i mean about it,
    iv made a vid to make a 2 slit out of floppy disk if you want to dissprove or prove it
    and you done even have to shine the laser through the slit,just shine on wall and look at the laser dot through the slits up to your eye,then see what you see :)then try rotating it,
    any ty for at least replying
    and hope you reply again

5. Jul 10, 2009 #4

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

What are you talking about? Are we talking about the same video--the one linked in your first post? What's your point?

6. Jul 10, 2009 #5
    here is a link to a laser shining through a macro mesh from a grinder (steel cofiee fiter )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9BPZmHintc&feature=channel_page
    if you still cant work out what im trying to show think of this do experiment then rotate the slit a little and do it again then rotate,so on so what happens,

Newton’s rings ;)

7. Jul 10, 2009 #6

Born2bwire

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, and in the video you seem to get an interference pattern. Even after having read your previous threads I still have absolutely no idea what you are asking us.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook