Young's double slit experiment

In summary, the conversation is about a video on YouTube discussing an experiment involving Young's double slit. The person is asking for comments and feedback on the video, and mentions that it is not a spam video. They also mention making a video about creating a two slit experiment using a floppy disk and suggest rotating the slits to see what happens. The conversation then turns to discussing a video of a laser shining through a macro mesh and the concept of Newton's rings. The other person in the conversation expresses confusion and lack of understanding about the point of the videos.
kevinfr0st
please can you lookm at my video on youtube and give comment,if you think I am mad say so,if you think it looks right please say so (it isn't a spam video just what i think is missing from the experiment that's all)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_vNk-TJOs&feature=channel_page

Physics news on Phys.org
What's the point of your video and why do you think it has anything to do with Young's double slit?

Doc Al said:
What's the point of your video and why do you think it has anything to do with Young's double slit?

did you look at video ? counter still says only 2 views 17 looked at post but counter is same only 2,
have you ever don't the 2 slit experiment, ?
i ask because i thought anyone who has should see what i mean about it,
iv made a vid to make a 2 slit out of floppy disk if you want to dissprove or prove it
and you done even have to shine the laser through the slit,just shine on wall and look at the laser dot through the slits up to your eye,then see what you see :)then try rotating it,
any ty for at least replying
and hope you reply again

What are you talking about? Are we talking about the same video--the one linked in your first post? What's your point?

Doc Al said:
What are you talking about? Are we talking about the same video--the one linked in your first post? What's your point?

here is a link to a laser shining through a macro mesh from a grinder (steel cofiee fiter )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9BPZmHintc&feature=channel_page
if you still can't work out what I am trying to show think of this do experiment then rotate the slit a little and do it again then rotate,so on so what happens,

Newton’s rings ;)

kevinfr0st said:
here is a link to a laser shining through a macro mesh from a grinder (steel cofiee fiter )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9BPZmHintc&feature=channel_page
if you still can't work out what I am trying to show think of this do experiment then rotate the slit a little and do it again then rotate,so on so what happens,

Newton’s rings ;)

Yeah, and in the video you seem to get an interference pattern. Even after having read your previous threads I still have absolutely no idea what you are asking us.

1. What is Young's double slit experiment?

The Young's double slit experiment is a famous experiment in physics that demonstrates the wave nature of light. It involves shining a beam of light through two parallel slits and observing the resulting interference pattern on a screen.

2. What is the purpose of Young's double slit experiment?

The purpose of Young's double slit experiment is to demonstrate the wave-like behavior of light, which was not fully understood at the time of the experiment. It also helped to support the wave theory of light and disprove the particle theory proposed by Isaac Newton.

3. How does Young's double slit experiment work?

In the experiment, a beam of light is shone through two parallel slits onto a screen. The light passing through the slits diffracts and creates an interference pattern on the screen. This is because the light waves from the two slits interfere with each other, creating areas of constructive and destructive interference.

4. What is the significance of Young's double slit experiment?

The significance of Young's double slit experiment lies in its ability to demonstrate the wave nature of light. This helped to support the wave theory of light and paved the way for further experiments and discoveries in the field of optics.

5. Can Young's double slit experiment be performed with other types of waves?

Yes, Young's double slit experiment can be performed with other types of waves, such as sound waves and water waves. This further supports the wave theory of light and demonstrates that the principles of interference and diffraction apply to all types of waves.