Your password is 12657 days old, and has therefore expired.

• Thread starter ExtravagantDreams
  • Start date
In summary, when a password is "expired," it means that it has reached its designated time limit and needs to be changed for security purposes. Passwords have expiration dates to ensure that they are regularly updated and to reduce the risk of security breaches. An expired password should not be used, and it is generally recommended to change passwords every 3-6 months. If your password has expired, you should change it immediately following the guidelines provided by the system or organization.
ExtravagantDreams
I don't have a Ph.D in Mathematics or anything, but my parents were only 10 years old back then. :rolleyes:

Not that I'm worried, just curious if that was a normal message.

Physics news on Phys.org
Since this keeps getting repeated over and over every time someone discovers they have been a member here longer than they've been alive, perhaps the mods would create a sticky explaining it?

1. What does it mean when my password is "expired"?

When your password is expired, it means that it has reached its designated time limit for usage and needs to be changed in order to maintain security for your account.

2. Why do passwords have an expiration date?

Passwords have an expiration date to ensure that they are regularly updated and to prevent them from being used for an extended period of time, reducing the risk of potential security breaches.

3. Can I still use my expired password?

No, you should not continue using an expired password as it may no longer meet the security requirements and could potentially put your account at risk.

4. How often should I change my password?

The frequency of password changes varies depending on the sensitivity of the information being protected. It is generally recommended to change passwords every 3-6 months.

5. What should I do if my password has expired?

If your password has expired, you should change it immediately following the guidelines provided by the system or organization. This typically involves creating a new password that meets specific requirements and may require you to confirm your identity through security questions or other methods.