1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Zener diode exercise solved by me,is it correct?

1. Sep 11, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    We have Vz=6.8 V and Iz=5 mA,rz=20 Ohm,Izk=0.2 mA, R=200 Ohm and the source V= 9 volt
    a)Find the output voltage when we have the input voltage with the nominal value of 9 Volt.
    b)Find for the nominal value of the voltage,which is the maximum load current for which the diode works in the breakdown region?
    c)Find the smallest value of the voltage source for which the diode still works in the breakdown region,while in the charge flows 1/2 of the maximum load current. How do I do this?

2. Relevant equations
    I have included them in the solution

3. The attempt at a solution
    Solution for the first one a)http://i.imgur.com/Jgn1bWN.jpg
    b)http://i.imgur.com/wJYLCAG.jpg
    c) I dont know how to do this
    Are my solutions correct? Can you give me a clue on how to do c?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2014 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Hi Elaia06,

Can you post a circuit diagram? The implied circuit configuration should be obvious, but it's good to be certain.

Your first image is supposedly a solution for part (a) but it doesn't seem to address the question. Instead it appears to be dealing with output voltage variation and introducing some values not specified in the problem statement. For your part (b) image you have assumed a minimum source voltage of 8 V. Why, when the problem statement says that the nominal value of 9 V should be used?

As a suggestion, the equations that you're posting as images would not be difficult to type into the text of your post. Using the Advanced editing pane you have the access to the appropriate symbols, and you can also use LaTex syntax if you need to portray fancier equations.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted