Advice on a good "Mathematical Methods for Physicists" Book?

by mateomy
Tags: advice, book
mateomy
Apr7-12, 03:40 AM
P: 307
Hope this is the right area to be posting it in.

I've checked out Tai Chow's book with the same title from my school library. There was a pretty brutal Amazon review on it, but overall I find it helpful. Does anyone have suggestions on better reference guides?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Lemurs match scent of a friend to sound of her voice
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
Jorriss
Apr7-12, 01:09 PM
P: 1,025
I am not familiar Tai Chow's book but based on the table of contents, a better book at around the same level would be Boas.
gakushya
Apr25-12, 12:19 PM
P: 6
A course in modern mathematical physics: groups, hilbert space, and differential geometry
I've only borrowed it from my library and read sections, but its pretty good. I'm going to buy it soon.

George Jones
Apr25-12, 03:53 PM
Mentor
P: 6,037

Advice on a good "Mathematical Methods for Physicists" Book?

Quote Quote by gakushya View Post
A course in modern mathematical physics: groups, hilbert space, and differential geometry
I've only borrowed it from my library and read sections, but its pretty good. I'm going to buy it soon.
This is a good book (I own a copy), but it's not the type of book for which the original poster is looking.

Register to reply