by Greg Bernhardt
Tags: None
Greg Bernhardt
Jan18-13, 09:59 PM
Admin
P: 8,531

User comments:
  • Meir Achuz
    This book is on the level of Jackson, but with the readability of Griffiths.
    It has good Amazon reviews.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
Snow-Leopard
Jan29-13, 08:32 AM
P: 53
Nothing is Special in this book if you have already done Griffiths. If one completed Griffith then go directly to Jackson. Doing Jackson twice is far better than doing this book.
Qubix
Dec14-13, 05:20 PM
P: 70
Snow-Leopard .... I don't think you're actually talking about Franklin's book... First of all, it presents Classical Electrodynamics in a beautiful way, crystal clear, with (almost) all calculations done for you. It also provides the physical insight so that electrodynamics does not become just a bunch of annoying mathematics. All in all, I think this is THE text on electrodynamics. Don't really understand why you would need Jackson at all, that's an absolutely dreadful book. I honestly think Jackson has absolutely no idea of pedagogy.
If , for some reason, after Franklin you still want to continue in the field of Classical Electrodynamics, go to this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Electro...lectrodynamics

Register to reply