Dragon software vice recognition failed ram

In summary, installing Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 requires a minimum of 512MB of RAM and a 1GHz processor. It is reported that it will not install on systems with less than these specifications. However, some users have successfully installed version 8 with only 256MB of RAM. It is recommended to upgrade to at least 1GB of RAM for optimal performance. The process of installing RAM is fairly straightforward and can be done yourself. However, some users have reported using tricks to fake the amount of RAM, but this can severely degrade application performance. It is best to follow the minimum requirements for the software.
lordlactose
failed to install dragon naturally speeking 9. Said system does not have enough ram to run dragon you need minimum of 512 ram. Is there a way aroudn this? If not how should I install ram and what should I pay. Hopw do i get out of this situation.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I seem to remember installing version 8 of dragon naturally speaking with 256MB of RAM. Worked fine. Maybe you can get the older version.

It would be a good idea to upgrade your RAM though. About 1 GB is normal nowadays. With how cheap memory is, why not go for 2GB. See here for typical prices:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=17&name=Memory

Also version 9 requires a minimum 1GHz processor. Its reported that it won't install on anything less.
http://www.lasplash.com/publish/Har...agon_Naturally_Speaking_9_Software_Review.php

ranger said:
I seem to remember installing version 8 of dragon naturally speaking with 256MB of RAM. Worked fine. Maybe you can get the older version.

It would be a good idea to upgrade your RAM though. About 1 GB is normal nowadays. With how cheap memory is, why not go for 2GB. See here for typical prices:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=17&name=Memory

Also version 9 requires a minimum 1GHz processor. Its reported that it won't install on anything less.
http://www.lasplash.com/publish/Har...agon_Naturally_Speaking_9_Software_Review.php

hmm. no tricks aroudn this one. Thanx for helping! I appreciate it

Will I be able to install ram my self? Or will I need to pay someone. If I can do it my self how do I do it?

lordlactose said:
Will I be able to install ram my self? Or will I need to pay someone. If I can do it my self how do I do it?

Its fairly straight forward to install the memory modules yourself. Do you have a desktop or a laptop? Whats the make and model of your computer?

Last edited:
lordlactose said:
hmm. no tricks aroudn this one. Thanx for helping! I appreciate it

Well don't count tricks out as yet. People have done the "fake RAM" trick on OS X. See:
http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=53854

If you have a microsoft OS, then you'll have to google to see how RAM faking is done. Assuming that you can do it. It would be a very bad idea, as application performance will be severely degraded. Theres a reason why the installer is checking for minimum RAM requirements.

1. Why is my Dragon software experiencing vice recognition failed RAM errors?

There are several potential reasons for this issue. It could be due to a lack of available RAM on your computer, an outdated or corrupted Dragon software installation, or conflicts with other programs running on your computer. It could also be caused by a malfunctioning microphone or audio input device.

2. How can I fix vice recognition failed RAM errors in Dragon software?

The first step is to make sure your computer has enough available RAM to run Dragon software. You can also try updating your Dragon software to the latest version or reinstalling it if the issue persists. Checking for conflicts with other programs and ensuring your microphone or audio input device is functioning properly may also help resolve the issue.

3. Can a slow internet connection cause vice recognition failed RAM errors in Dragon software?

No, a slow internet connection should not affect the RAM usage of your Dragon software. However, if you are using cloud-based features of the software, a slow internet connection may cause delays or errors in those features.

4. What should I do if I receive a vice recognition failed RAM error during a dictation?

If the error occurs during a dictation, you can try repeating the phrase or sentence. If the error persists, try closing any unnecessary programs and freeing up your computer's RAM. You can also try using a different microphone or audio input device. If the issue continues, you may need to troubleshoot or seek technical support for your Dragon software.

5. Is there a way to prevent vice recognition failed RAM errors in Dragon software?

To minimize the chances of encountering this error, make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for running Dragon software and has enough available RAM. Keep your software up to date and avoid running other memory-intensive programs while using Dragon. Additionally, regularly checking for conflicts and keeping your audio input device in good working condition can help prevent this error.