Unlock Nokia 3310 - Get PUK Code & Bypass Problem

• Thread starter karthik3k
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person who was fiddling with their Nokia 3310 and accidentally locked their SIM card. They are asking if there is a way to bypass the lock and also have questions about how the lock works. The expert summarizer explains that there is usually no way to bypass the lock and suggests contacting the service provider for the PUK code. They also mention that if the PIN is entered wrong multiple times, the SIM will be permanently locked and a new one will be needed. The expert also explains that some providers may lock the phone to only work with their own SIM cards. The conversation ends with the person asking for resources to learn more about cell phone hardware.
karthik3k
I was fiddling with my Nokia 3310.
SIM card got locked!
Its asking for PUK code:
How can i bypass it ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
what were you doing? entered the PIN wrong?

usually there's no bypassing. Ask the customer support from your network for the PUK if it was not provided with the mobile user manual or something. Try to enter it right. If you enter the PUK wrong 10[edited after more reading] times you will need another SIM card.

Last edited:
I solved that problem.
I had to call my service provider and ask for that PUK code.
But i have a doubt.!
If i lock the CARD say SIM1 in a cellphone say CELL1.

Now if i remove the card and put it in CELL2 will it work >?

And if i put SIM2 from other service and put it CELL1 will it work ?

To be short...
What does it actually do ?
Does it lock in the cell or the SIM card ?

Is there any online resource where i can learn abt Cell Phone Hardwares ??

as I remember if you enter the PIN wrong the SIM is locked. so basically you couldn't use any phone with your blocked SIM. However you can use the phone with another unblocked SIM.

I can't be sure if your SIM2 from another provider works with your phone. Some providers also lock phones so they woudn't work with SIMs that does not belong to them ...

Last edited:

1. What is a PUK code and why do I need it to unlock my Nokia 3310?

A PUK (Personal Unlocking Key) code is a unique code used to unlock a SIM card that has been locked due to too many incorrect PIN entries. This code is required to bypass the lock and access your phone's network services.

2. How can I obtain my PUK code for my Nokia 3310?

The PUK code for your Nokia 3310 can be obtained by contacting your mobile network provider. They will ask for some personal information to verify your identity and then provide you with the code.

3. What should I do if I have entered my PUK code incorrectly multiple times?

If you have entered your PUK code incorrectly multiple times, your SIM card may become permanently locked. In this case, you will need to contact your mobile network provider for a new SIM card.

4. Can I use any PUK code to unlock my Nokia 3310?

No, each PUK code is unique to the SIM card it is associated with. Using a PUK code from a different SIM card will not work to unlock your Nokia 3310.

5. Is there an alternative method to unlock my Nokia 3310 without using a PUK code?

If you are unable to obtain your PUK code or your SIM card has become permanently locked, you can try using a PUK code generator tool. However, these tools are not always reliable and may not work for all Nokia 3310 models. It is best to contact your mobile network provider for assistance with unlocking your phone.