VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Stormy Weather

I like that one a lot.In summary, the group discussed the disqualified entry in the weekly poll and voted for their favorite among the remaining entries. The top choices were Greg's classic image, Marzena's colorful one, and Andre's cloud formation resembling a giant face. Ultimately, the group chose Moose's entry as their favorite for its portrayal of a stormy atmosphere.

PF Photo contest vote

• GeorginaS

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Greg Bernhardt

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • colonelcrayon

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • ZapperZ

• Andre

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Marzena

• Borek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • edward

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • moose

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
  1. GeorginaS
    MVC-045F2.jpg
  2. Greg Bernhardt
    https://www.physicsforums.com/misc/swiss.jpg
  3. colonelcrayon
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/62/1070768.jpg
  4. ZapperZ
    IMG_5232.jpg
  5. Andre
    v3nnr7.jpg
  6. Marzena
    marzena_stormy_weather.jpg
  7. Borek
    marcin_stormy_weather.jpg
  8. edward
    http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/333/stormr.jpg
  9. moose
    ResizedLightning2.jpg

I'm afraid Ben's had to be disqualified since it was modified beyond what the rules allow.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=324556"

EDIT: Argh! I submitted the poll before checking the multiple choice box so we're going old school and only allowing one vote this week. I've tried editing, but making it multiple choice isn't an option. Apologies to those that enjoy this option. :redface:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I voted for Greg's. I love how mysterious it looks.

I voted Marzena... because it's the most "stormy" looking as opposed to just cloudy. Moose's was good too.

Gotta go Moose, this time. Nice catch!

Tough call...Greg's has a nice classic look, Marzena has beautiful colors, but Andre's is the one I look at the most...looks like I see the face of a giant marshmallow God looking down from the clouds.

1. How does stormy weather impact the environment?

Stormy weather can have significant impacts on the environment, including damage to infrastructure, erosion of coastlines, and disruption of ecosystems. Storms can also bring heavy rain, which can lead to flooding and landslides.

2. What are some safety precautions to take during a storm?

During a storm, it is important to seek shelter in a sturdy building or underground area. Stay away from windows and avoid using electronics or plumbing. If outside, avoid standing near tall objects or bodies of water. It is also important to have an emergency plan in place and to stay informed about weather updates.

3. How do storms form?

Storms form when warm, moist air rises and cools, causing water vapor to condense and form clouds. As the warm air continues to rise, it creates an area of low pressure, which draws in more warm air and causes the formation of thunderstorms or hurricanes.

4. What causes lightning during a storm?

Lightning is caused by static electricity within a storm. As ice particles and water droplets move within a storm cloud, they collide and create a charge imbalance. This results in lightning, which can also strike the ground.

5. How can I participate in the VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Stormy Weather?

To participate in the VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Stormy Weather, simply submit your best storm-related photo to the designated platform and encourage others to vote for your entry. Be sure to follow all rules and guidelines for the contest, and remember to stay safe while capturing your stormy weather photo!