VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - The Blues

In summary, the photos in this contest are all very good. It was hard to choose a winner, but in the end I decided to give my vote to Integral. It's probably less likely to get a shot of an airliner and a hot air balloon together than getting a hippo's dental work.

Vote (multiple choice)

• Integral

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • ColnelCrayon

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Equate

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Edward

• ZapperZ

• Andre

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Borek

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Marzena

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Matthyaouw

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member
1.Integral
HotAir08113a.jpg

2.Colnelcrayon
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7896/whittierblackstone16.jpg

3.Equate
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9262/02222x.jpg

4.Edward
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7639/copyof1000135.jpg

5.ZapperZ
img3787o.jpg

6.Andre
lz6o4.jpg

7.Borek
marcin_blue.jpg

8.Marzena
marzena_blueshipek.jpg

9.Matthyaouw
theblues.jpg

Contest Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Tough one to vote for because I like all of these. In the end I decided I'd split my vote two ways. One for Equate, because I love those strong colours and one for Marzena because it's one of the most original interpretation and it made me smile.

I was going to say this was a difficult choice but, given the quality of submissions on this forum, I'm repeating myself if I say that. Great photos. Borek did an excellent job of capturing that flame. And yes, Marzena's made me smile too.

Wow, I love the light's in ZapperZ's, the flame in the shotglass looks pretty cool, the Hippo's mouth is so interesting, Matthyaouw, Integral and Equate have nice composition and balance...on any other day these all could be winners!

I think Marzena's is the most interesting, but ZapperZ get's my vote because it's more relevant to the topic and also very cool.

I was torn between Integral and Marzena's (very unique!).

In the end I decided to give my vote to Integral since it's probably less likely to get a shot of an airliner and a hot air balloon together than getting a hippo's dental work. :biggrin:

All are great pictures by the way!

I had to split mine between Colnelcrayon and Marzena. It's tough, because they were all great shots in one way or another, and it was tempting to vote for more of them.

turbo-1 said:
...and it was tempting to vote for more of them.

I wasn't aware of that option. :frown:

Oh well, next time...

Equate,
I think you have 3 votes.

I'm a little confused, matthyaouw... does the contest end when you post the voting thread? Or do you make an announcement in the contest thread? Or have a mentor close it?

I posted a photo to the contest thread, since it's still June 27, but I think I might have missed it...

- Warren

Last edited:
nice pics people, but I vote for 3,Integral, Colnelcrayon and matthyaouw.

Integral, your photo shows this:
slow and classic=big+ almost alive
fast and modern=small+ almost dead!
but all share one blue sky, how inspiring is this :biggrin:

chroot said:
I'm a little confused, matthyaouw... does the contest end when you post the voting thread? Or do you make an announcement in the contest thread? Or have a mentor close it?

I posted a photo to the contest thread, since it's still June 27, but I think I might have missed it...

- Warren

Yeah, the contest ends when I put the voting thread up. It's (almost) always some time on Saturday but I can't usually be sure what time I'll be able to get on the net, so it's a bit variable. Sorry for the confusion.

Equate said:
I wasn't aware of that option. :frown:

Oh well, next time...

Integral said:
Equate,
I think you have 3 votes.

If there are square check boxes rather than round ones you can tick as many as you like.

Poll closes in a day and a bit

1. What is the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - The Blues" about?

The "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - The Blues" is a photo contest organized by the non-profit organization Protect Our Planet. The theme of the contest is "The Blues" and participants are encouraged to submit photos that showcase the beauty and importance of our blue planet.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who is passionate about photography and the environment. Participants must be 18 years or older and must agree to the contest rules and guidelines.

3. How can I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, you must first register on the Protect Our Planet website and create a profile. Then, log in to your profile and follow the instructions to upload your photo and complete the submission form.

4. Is there a fee to enter the contest?

No, there is no fee to enter the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - The Blues". It is completely free to participate.

5. How are the winners selected?

The winners will be selected through a combination of online voting and judging by a panel of experts in photography and environmental conservation. The voting process will be open to the public and the final decision will be made by the Protect Our Planet team.