I need a simulation software for Frequency Planning really need it

In summary, the conversation is discussing suggestions for software that can assist with frequency planning for communication networks. The frequency band being planned for is in the microwave range (3 GHz-300 GHz) and a PSK type modulation is believed to be appropriate. The network consists of two base stations extending to about 20 km. Several software options, such as Celplanner and Mentum Planet, are mentioned, but they are quite expensive. The ideal frequency range for the network is around 11GHz due to potential rain fade. Links for Celplanner, Mentum Planet, and EDX are provided, with the caveat that they are expensive but efficient tools.
hakamy89
Any suggestion or hints for any software that helps in Frequency Planning for Communication networks... please give links! thank you all.

Engineering news on Phys.org

What kind of planning are you doing? IM? Interference? Something else?
What is the frequency band for which you are planning?
What kind of modulation will the networks use?
How many base stations will you have and how many frequencies will you use between them?
Over how large an area will your network extend?
How much can you spend?

Last edited:

I am doing microwave link sites planning.
the frequency may be any frequency in the microwave band (3 GHz-300 GHz)
I think a modulation of PSK type will be appropriate.
the link is consisting of two base stations as a beginning.
and it extends to about 20 km.

thank you man

expensive tools but efficient

Related to I need a simulation software for Frequency Planning really need it

1. What is simulation software for Frequency Planning?

Simulation software for Frequency Planning is a computer program that allows users to simulate and analyze radio frequency (RF) systems and networks. It helps in planning and optimizing the use of frequencies for various wireless communication applications.

2. How does simulation software for Frequency Planning work?

The software uses mathematical models and algorithms to simulate real-world scenarios and predict the performance of RF systems. It takes into account factors such as signal propagation, interference, and antenna characteristics to provide accurate results.

3. What are the benefits of using simulation software for Frequency Planning?

Simulation software for Frequency Planning can save time and resources by allowing users to test different scenarios and make informed decisions before implementing them in the real world. It also helps in identifying potential issues and optimizing the use of frequencies for maximum efficiency.

4. Who can benefit from using simulation software for Frequency Planning?

Anyone involved in the design, planning, and optimization of RF systems can benefit from using simulation software for Frequency Planning. This includes engineers, researchers, and network planners in industries such as telecommunications, aerospace, and defense.

5. How can I choose the right simulation software for Frequency Planning?

Choosing the right simulation software for Frequency Planning depends on your specific needs and requirements. Consider factors such as the features and capabilities of the software, its ease of use, and compatibility with your existing tools and systems.