MikTex already has an editor called TexWork

• Thread starter helpcometk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    latex
In summary, the poster is seeking advice on which editor to use for typing LaTeX while using MikTex 2.9. They are curious if MikTex's default editor, TexWorks, is sufficient or if they should use a different one. Several users recommend TexMaker, which has received positive feedback on the forum. A link to download TexMaker is provided.
helpcometk

Homework Statement

Dear friends

I am trying to type Latex using a proffesional package.

I have installed MikTex 2.9 ,but i also need a comfortable editor,which will not cause too much trouble to me when trying associate it with MikTex after installing it.
So, which editor should i use?MikTex already has an editor called TexWorks ,is this fine to use?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
TeXMaker has been getting a lot of positive comments here. I haven't tried it myself though.

http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/

1. What is MikTex?

MikTex is a free and open-source implementation of the TeX typesetting system. It is primarily used for creating high-quality documents with complex mathematical formulas and symbols.

2. What is TexWork?

TexWork is an integrated development environment (IDE) that comes bundled with MikTex. It is used for editing and compiling TeX documents with a user-friendly interface.

3. Why does MikTex already have an editor?

MikTex was originally created as a command-line tool and did not have an editor. However, to make it more accessible for users, the developers bundled TexWork with MikTex to provide a graphical interface for editing and compiling TeX documents.

4. Can I use other editors with MikTex?

Yes, you can use other editors with MikTex. Some popular options include TeXstudio, TeXmaker, and WinEdt. These editors offer additional features and customization options, but they still rely on MikTex for compiling the documents.

5. Do I have to use TexWork to use MikTex?

No, you are not required to use TexWork to use MikTex. If you are comfortable with command-line tools, you can use MikTex without an editor. However, using an editor can make the process easier, especially for beginners.