Can OpenOffice print Landscape Page?

• Thread starter VietDao29
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of OpenOffice Writer to print Landscape Pages. The speaker encountered an issue where the pages were printing vertically instead of horizontally. They tried adjusting the printer settings but it did not solve the problem. They also tried using MS Word which worked, leading them to believe it was not a printer issue. The solution was to go to Format->Page and select the Landscape option. The issue was resolved.
VietDao29
Homework Helper
I've tried using OpenOffice Writer to print some Landscape Pages (i.e pages that are not Portrait). Or in other words, I want to print some pages horizontally, and I did adjust the settings for the printer by clicking the Properties button, then choose Landscape, instead of Portrait.
But when I clicked on OK, it printed the page vertically. :frown:
Did I do something wrong? Or is it a bug in OpenOffice?
I did the same in MS Word, and it worked, so I guessed it's not my printer that caused the problem.
Thanks,

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think you need to go to Format->Page and then click on the Landscape radio button.

Whohoo, it worked. :smile:
Thanks dduardo. :)

1. How do I change the page orientation to landscape in OpenOffice?

To change the page orientation to landscape in OpenOffice, go to Format and select Page. Then, under the Page tab, select Landscape under the Orientation section. Click OK to apply the changes.

2. Can I print a single page in landscape orientation while keeping the rest in portrait orientation?

Yes, you can print a single page in landscape orientation by first changing the page orientation to landscape as explained in the previous question. Then, go to Format and select Page. Under the Page tab, select Current Page under the Range and Copies section. Click OK to apply the changes and only the current page will be printed in landscape orientation.

3. How can I set a landscape page as the first page in my document?

To set a landscape page as the first page in your document, go to Format and select Page. Under the Page tab, select First Page under the Page Style section. Then, change the page orientation to landscape and click OK to apply the changes.

4. Is it possible to print multiple pages in landscape orientation at once?

Yes, you can print multiple pages in landscape orientation at once by first changing the page orientation to landscape as explained in the previous questions. Then, go to Format and select Page. Under the Page tab, select All under the Range and Copies section. Click OK to apply the changes and all pages will be printed in landscape orientation.

5. Why is my document not printing in landscape orientation even though I have selected it?

If your document is not printing in landscape orientation, it could be due to your printer settings. Make sure your printer is set to print in landscape orientation. You can usually change this by going to Print or Print Settings and selecting Landscape under the Orientation section. If the issue persists, try restarting your printer and computer.