What's Your Top RPG & FPS Games?

• Thread starter ptabor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fps Games
In summary, fav of all time would have to be star craft and quake world. Morrowind/oblivion are also great games, but star craft is my favorite.
ptabor
Anyone play them? What's your favorite?

Personally, I'd have to say morrowind/oblivion are my favorite role playing games.

Fav of all time would have to be star craft and quake world team fortress

Physics news on Phys.org
SimCity? Uh, 2000 I think.

I'm waiting for the new Zelda game

ptabor said:
What's your favorite?
Gorilla!

Gokul43201 said:
YESS!

I remember playing this game at my dad's work when I was 5 or 6 years old... :tongue2:

Sim City (2000 baby!), the Halo series, the Age of Empires series.

Does internet chess count?

Do calculator games count? :smile:

internet chess is great. that kept me up many nights freshman year.

Sure, calculator games counts. I remember Drug wars, great distraction during high school.

Can't wait for halo 2 for pc

Tombraider fan here. Then next would be racing games, from the arcadish Need For Speed series to the sim like Payprus games, Grand Prix Legends and Nascar Racing Season 2003 (plus a lot of mods), the sim like ISI games, EA F1 Challenge 99-02, GTR, GTR2, GTLegends, and Rfactor, plus Live For Speed. The Myst series would be next, and lastly, the first person shooter games (I set invulnerability mode on), like Far Cry, Doom, Quake, Half Life, Unreal Tournament.

I've built up quite a collection of racing game videos over the years:

racing game videos htm

right now I am playing fallout 2
old game...

Wanted: A football (soccer) manager game simply called "the manager", where you are in charge of team in the English league. It's an old game, I first played it on Amiga 500, but I know it exists for pc too.
I've deperately tried to find it, but failed. Anyone know of it?

I used to play Chuckie Egg.

Defender for the atari 7800!

J77 said:
I used to play Chuckie Egg.
Me to on a acorn bbc, and jet set willy

Manic Miner :biggrin:

Meteors :D

EL said:
Wanted: A football (soccer) manager game simply called "the manager", where you are in charge of team in the English league. It's an old game, I first played it on Amiga 500, but I know it exists for pc too.
I've deperately tried to find it, but failed. Anyone know of it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Manager" . It's very realistic and detailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I play a freeware version of Go, called Dariush. I would play others online, but I can't even beat the computer.

I remember Morrowind, it was a fun game. I don't think I ever beat it, though.

The best were the Commodore 64 games.

I used to play a WWF game with my boys. A round of wrestling on the computer - a round of wrestling on the living room floor - a round of wrestling on the computer ...

And who could forget the original C64 Jeopardy version, with no time delay for answering the questions. We'd get a few neighbors together, along with some beer, and play full contact Jeopardy - when you're running the board by picking easy questions and instantly hitting the button to answer, then suddenly hit the $2000 question in the most obscure category to lure your opponents into blindly hitting their button, it's only a matter of time until things escalate into a physical struggle to control your own button. :rofl:

Playing Winter Games and Summer Games with no instructions was a lot of fun for awhile, too. Learning a new trick in figure skating brought instant awe.

Super Mario world on the SNES, a truly great game.

Sim City series(I have all of them)
Halo
Spore
Call of Duty 2

PF should have a video games fourm!

Racing Season 2003 (plus a lot of mods), the sim like ISI games, EA F1 Challenge 99-02, GTR, GTR2, GTLegends, and Rfactor, plus Live For Speed.
Uhm yeah... I play games with a lot of acrynyms and numbers too... :smile:

BobG said:
The best were the Commodore 64 games.
Did you play Elite? A black/white wireframe space trader game. 5% picking cargo to buy/sell, 5% shooting at police ships, 90% trekking to the inner solar system and trying to dock with the stupid rotating space station...

BOMBERMAN 1 2 3 4 5 and 6

Wish they had all capabilities like tossing people over edges.

dod,starcraft and NHL hockey
though for super NES or teh japanese version i'd have to say
SUPER VOLLEYBALL or SUPER SOCCER

Just been playing goldeneye on the N64, truly fantastic.

Q: What is an RPG game?

An RPG game, or role-playing game, is a type of video game where players assume the roles of fictional characters and navigate through a storyline, making decisions that impact the outcome of the game.

Q: What is an FPS game?

An FPS game, or first-person shooter game, is a type of video game where players take on the perspective of the main character and engage in combat using firearms or other weapons.

Q: What are the top RPG games?

The top RPG games can vary depending on personal preferences, but some popular titles include Skyrim, The Witcher 3, and Fallout: New Vegas.

Q: What are the top FPS games?

Similar to RPG games, the top FPS games can vary based on individual preferences, but some popular titles include Call of Duty, Overwatch, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Q: What makes a good RPG or FPS game?

A good RPG or FPS game often has a compelling storyline, immersive gameplay, and challenging yet balanced mechanics. It also allows for customization and player choice, keeping the game interesting and replayable.