Chrome and IE Forum Issues: Advanced Settings Missing

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, there were issues reported with the forum's advanced settings page and images not appearing correctly. This was due to a reported problem with the CDN server, which may cause some disruptions for a few hours. Some users were able to browse the site without any issues, while others experienced problems. The issue has been resolved by removing some items from the CDN.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Greg, did you do something to the forum? All of the pages are hosed up. I'd attach a picture, but the "attach file" option is missing, as is everything else on the "advanced settings" page.

The problems that the advanced settings in Chrome are missing, and in IE everything is completely hosed.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Greg, did you do something to the forum? All of the pages are hosed up. I'd attach a picture, but the "attach file" option is missing, as is everything else on the page.

I haven't done anything to the style. Try clearing your cache.

Just cleared cache and now more is wrong.

I have gotten a report that our CDN server had a hiccup. There may some some goofyness for the next few hours as the DNS updates. This will be a regional problem.

Ah, that must be it, I'll use IE, at least I can read where the buttons used to be, they're completely blank in Chrome.

This is pretty weird. Some of my friends that browse PF are complaining that the entire site is messed up for them, but I am browsing quite fine. Nothing seems wrong on my end, and I'm actually looking for things that are wrong..

I've taken a bunch of stuff off the CDN for now. A few images will remain broken.

It helped a lot, just a few things still missing.

everything should be back to normal now

1. What are Advanced Settings in Chrome and IE forums?

Advanced Settings in Chrome and IE forums are options that allow users to customize their browsing experience and access more advanced features. These settings can include privacy options, security settings, and network configurations.

2. Why are the Advanced Settings missing from my Chrome and IE forums?

The Advanced Settings may be missing due to a variety of reasons, such as a browser update, a glitch or bug, or a change in the forum's settings. It is also possible that the Advanced Settings have been intentionally disabled by the forum administrator.

3. How can I access the Advanced Settings in Chrome and IE forums?

To access the Advanced Settings, you can click on the menu button (the three vertical dots in Chrome or the gear icon in IE) and then select "Settings" or "Internet Options." From there, you can navigate to the "Advanced" section to view and adjust the advanced settings.

4. Can I customize the Advanced Settings in Chrome and IE forums?

Yes, you can customize the Advanced Settings to fit your specific needs and preferences. However, it is important to note that making changes to these settings can affect your browsing experience and may even cause issues with the forum. It is recommended to only make changes if you are familiar with the settings and their potential impact.

5. Is there a way to restore the Advanced Settings if they are missing?

If the Advanced Settings are missing due to a browser update or a glitch, they should reappear once the issue is resolved. If they have been intentionally disabled by the forum administrator, there may not be a way to restore them. However, you can reach out to the forum's support team for assistance in accessing the advanced settings.