Can a computer be an observer?

In summary, a computer can be programmed to act as an observer by collecting and analyzing data through sensors and algorithms. However, it lacks the ability to have subjective experiences or interpret the world in the same way as a human observer. Therefore, while a computer can observe and record information, it cannot fully replicate the complex and nuanced observations made by humans.
Dmitry67 said:
At least I think it is very important to distinguish 2 flavors of BM: c- and nonc-.
I think it is very important to distinguish 2 flavors of physics: physics which tries to say something about consciousness and physics which doesn't. (I prefer to use the second flavor whenever possible.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Dmitry67 said:
casiumfrog, you are reading my mind. And in fact, I had mentioned P-zombies before. In nonc-BM people in 'empty' branches are exactly what is called P-zombie.
Irrespective on BM, MWI, and quantum mechanics, I do think that P-zombies are logically possible and that they are a good argument for the claim that phenomenal consciousness and qualia cannot be explained from the known laws of physics. I recommend the book
D. Chalmers, The Conscious Mind (1995).
If there is anything magic in BM, or in MWI, or even in classical mechanics, then it is the appearance of consciousness.