Screwed up a class but got in to UCSC with out a transcript question is

• Thread starter Minihoudini
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary, the speaker failed their Cal 1 class due to personal problems but is currently retaking it and getting an A. They were accepted to UCSC without sending in a transcript, but are now worried that their grade will affect their acceptance. It is uncertain what UCSC will do, but it is advised to wait and contact them for clarity.
Minihoudini
so I failed cal 1 at my CC mostly because of personal problems going on in my life, but I am retaking the class and getting a solid A at the moment. I got into UCSC without sending in a transcript but will have to since i plan on attending. Will they withdraw their acceptance because of the grade even though I am retaking the class and will get a better grade?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think anyone other than UCSC can tell you what UCSC is going to do. But does it matter? There's nothing that you can do at this point anyway besides wait for their decision.

But it would be better to wait with peace of mind. You should call them.

What does it mean to "screw up" a class?

Screwing up a class typically refers to receiving a grade that is significantly lower than desired or expected. This could be due to a variety of factors such as not understanding the material, not putting in enough effort, or experiencing personal issues that affected academic performance.

Can you still get into UCSC without a transcript?

Yes, it is possible to get into UCSC without a transcript, although it may be more difficult. The admissions process takes into consideration a variety of factors, including grades, but also looks at extracurricular activities, personal statements, and letters of recommendation. However, it is always recommended to provide a transcript to give the admissions committee a complete picture of your academic history.

What happens if I don't have a transcript for a class I screwed up?

If you do not have a transcript for a class that you did not do well in, you should still include it on your application. You can explain the circumstances surrounding your performance in the class in your personal statement or provide an explanation letter. The admissions committee will take this into consideration when evaluating your application.

How will screwing up a class affect my chances of getting into UCSC?

While grades are an important factor in the admissions process, they are not the only factor. Admissions committees also consider other aspects such as extracurricular activities, personal statements, and letters of recommendation. If you have a strong overall application, screwing up one class may not significantly impact your chances of getting into UCSC. However, it is always best to strive for academic excellence and do your best in all classes.

Can I make up for screwing up a class in high school once I get to UCSC?

Yes, you can make up for a class you did not do well in high school once you get to UCSC. The university offers a variety of resources such as tutoring, academic advising, and study groups to help students improve their academic performance. Additionally, you can also retake the class at UCSC to improve your grade and understanding of the material.