Calculating Angular Displacement of Ball Bearing

In summary, to work out the angular displacement of a ball bearing with a radius of 0.00765 m rolling over a distance of 0.05 meters, use the formula d = \theta r. To calculate the angular speed, use the formula v = \omega r. It is also important to remember that the angle should be measured in radians. Additionally, to determine the rotational kinetic energy, you can use the equation for translational kinetic energy plus rotational kinetic energy equals potential energy. If you are unsure about the equations, please let me know and I can provide further assistance.
alex_boothby
hi,

how do i work out the angular displacement of ball bearing 0.00765 m in radius over 0.05 meters?

i need it to work out angular speed.

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps you need:

[tex]d = \theta r[/tex]

[tex]v = \omega r[/tex]

Where the angle is measured in radians.

im doing this piece of work about a ball bearing rolling down an invlined slope and translational kinetic energy + rotational kinetic energy should = potential enegry.

but I am not sure how to work out rotational kinetic energy. I am not sure of the equations you just gave me, sorry, a little more help maybe?

can i not just say that the angular displacement is 0.05 meters? as that is how much we moved the ball bearing back each time?

thank you, but could i please have a little more help?

1. What is angular displacement?

Angular displacement is the measure of the angle through which an object has rotated around a fixed point. It is usually measured in radians or degrees.

2. How do you calculate angular displacement?

Angular displacement can be calculated by taking the final angle and subtracting the initial angle. The result is the change in angle, or the angular displacement. This can be represented by the formula: Δθ = θf - θi

3. What is the difference between angular displacement and linear displacement?

Angular displacement measures the rotation of an object around a fixed point, whereas linear displacement measures the straight-line distance between two points. Angular displacement is measured in angles, while linear displacement is measured in units of length, such as meters or feet.

4. How does angular displacement relate to angular velocity and angular acceleration?

Angular velocity is the rate of change of angular displacement, while angular acceleration is the rate of change of angular velocity. This means that angular displacement is the integral of angular velocity, and angular velocity is the integral of angular acceleration.

5. What factors affect the angular displacement of a ball bearing?

The angular displacement of a ball bearing can be affected by the initial velocity of the bearing, the angle at which it is launched, and any external forces acting on it, such as gravity or friction. Additionally, the shape and weight distribution of the ball bearing can also impact its angular displacement.