Need Help with COMSOL - Seeking Guidance

In summary, Chirag is looking for help with a COMSOL simulation of a fluid flow. He has written an external script file and is using structure-fluid intraction, but he is having trouble getting the simulation to run correctly.
chirag.joshi
hey guys...
can someone here, expert in COMSOL ,help me out ?:rolleyes:
I am stuck in my work and seek some guidence..

Regards,

Chirag

Engineering news on Phys.org
...hi there, I think there are couple of us here who've been stuck with Comsol more than a few times ... usually with more or less happy endings, so just "bring it on" :tongue2: .

well...I am trying to simulate the adsorption cooling process with COMSOL.
This cycle has 4 parts i.e cooling, adsorption, heating ,desorption.I could simulate these processes one at a time easily. Now I want to model whole cycle in one comsol file. To begin with I am trying to couple cooling and adsorption process using integration point coupling variable. I have written one external script file. Ideally it should happen that when temperature at the specified location ( i.e surface of adsorber)reaches 397 K , the adsorption process should start i.e the adsorber starts to adsorb vapour and the vapour concentration increases with time. The simulation runs but the domain plot shows that there is immediate drop in surface concentration and eventually no adsorption effect is seen. I have modeled the boundary conditions as function of this coupling variable and checked the logic many time. If someone knows the probable mistake in this model, please revert back. I can send you the comsol files easily. Thanx a lot :)

As far as I can tell the way you've done it should work, however, there can be 'something' in how the steps couple and how one feeds others. How have you actually implemented the condition for starting the adsorption process (as a function of temperature & time ... or well, probably temperature) and is the adsorber given as a domain or directly as a bc? I was thinking whether some boundary or other sort of condition is leeching on the process too early (for example), doesn't take place at the appropriate time or temperature (like happens explicitly too early because of some expression that has an inherent time / temperature dependency etc.). I can take a look at the Comsol files if you wish as well (I'll PM you an email address for the files).

hey...thats so nice of you that you are eager to help !..
well, you can mail me ur email address...I will explain you the model in detail and send the corresponding COMSOL files as well..:smile:

Hi there,
I'm trying to simulate bloob flow in an elastic tube using COMSOL and I need some help I'm using structure-fluid intraction in transient mode any tip will help

1. What is COMSOL and what is it used for?

COMSOL is a multiphysics simulation software that allows for the modeling and analysis of physical systems involving multiple interacting physical phenomena. It is commonly used in engineering and scientific research to study and optimize various processes and systems.

2. How do I get started with using COMSOL?

To get started with COMSOL, you can download the software from their website and follow the installation instructions. You can also access tutorials and documentation on their website to learn how to use the software and its various features.

3. Can COMSOL be used for any type of simulation?

COMSOL can be used for a wide range of simulations, including structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, electromagnetics, and more. It also has the capability to handle multiphysics simulations, meaning it can model systems involving multiple physical phenomena.

4. Is COMSOL suitable for beginners?

While COMSOL may seem intimidating at first, it is suitable for beginners as well as experienced users. The software has a user-friendly interface and offers extensive documentation and tutorials to help users get started and learn how to use its features.

5. Can I use COMSOL for my specific research or project?

COMSOL is a versatile software that can be used for a variety of research and projects. It is commonly used in engineering, physics, chemistry, and other fields. You can check the software's capabilities and features to see if it is suitable for your specific needs.