Can plastic allow me to see magnetic fields and where can I find it?

In summary, to help your children understand magnetic fields, you can use iron filings to demonstrate the alignment of the field. It is recommended to place the filings on a glass plate or paper with the magnet underneath for easy removal. Another option is to purchase a plastic viewer specifically designed for viewing magnetic fields. These can be found online or in science supply stores.
KLE xy
hello I was hoping someone could tell me a way to show my children a way to see a magnetic field?they are playing with magnets and don't underststand the way i explained how they work . if i could show them they might start to understand ... thanks in advance for your reply

Physics news on Phys.org
You can use iron filings and show how they align to the magnetic field. This can help them visualize the field and make it easier to explain how it works when you explain it.

It would be best to put the filings on a glass plate or sheet of paper with the magnet underneath. This way you can easily remove the magnet and put the filings back in a container.

Or you can purchase this http://www.sciencefirst.com/vw_prdct_mdl.asp?prdct_mdl_cd=20110" .

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
what about this plastic that allows you to view a mf ??what is that all about and where can I get some?

Related to Can plastic allow me to see magnetic fields and where can I find it?

1. How can we see magnetic fields?

We cannot physically see magnetic fields with our eyes since they are invisible to the human eye. However, we can indirectly visualize them using tools like magnetic field viewers or by observing the behavior of certain materials in the presence of a magnetic field.

2. What is the purpose of seeing magnetic fields?

The ability to see magnetic fields allows us to better understand and study the behavior of magnets and their effects on other objects. It also has practical applications in various industries such as navigation, medicine, and engineering.

3. Can all animals see magnetic fields?

No, not all animals have the ability to see magnetic fields. Some species, such as birds and certain fish, have specialized organs that allow them to detect and navigate using magnetic fields. However, most mammals, including humans, do not have this ability.

4. How do scientists measure and map magnetic fields?

Scientists use various devices, such as magnetometers and magnetic field sensors, to measure the strength and direction of magnetic fields. They can then use this data to create maps or visual representations of magnetic fields in a particular area.

5. Are there any potential risks associated with seeing magnetic fields?

No, there are no known risks associated with seeing magnetic fields since it is an indirect visualization. However, some people may experience dizziness or discomfort when exposed to strong magnetic fields, but this is not related to the act of seeing them.