DC power supply with DE-9 connection

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using a standard laboratory power supply with a photodiode/amplifier module that has a D-sub connection. The manufacturer offers a power supply, but it is too expensive, so the individual is looking for alternative solutions. It is suggested to wire up a DB-9 connector to the lab power supply, which can be easily done with DB-9 shells and pins available from electronics supply stores. The individual expresses gratitude for the suggestions.
ekrim
I have a photodiode/amplifier module, which has a D-sub connection for the power supply. The manufacturer sells a power supply, but it is out of my budget range, and the lab only has standard laboratory PSU's (+V,-V, gnd). Is there any connections so that I can use this module with my power supply? The DE-9 connection only uses 4 prongs (+,-,gnd, case gnd).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Do you mean that you just want to wire up a DB-9 (not DE-9) connector to your lab power supply? Lots of electronics supply places carry DB-9 shells and pins so you can make your own cables up. Is this what you mean?

http://www.winfordeng.com/products/con9.php

thats it, thanks berkeman

1. What is a DC power supply with DE-9 connection?

A DC power supply with DE-9 connection is a device that provides direct current (DC) electrical power to electronic devices through a DE-9 connector. This type of power supply is commonly used in computer and telecommunications equipment, as well as in laboratory and industrial settings.

2. How does a DC power supply with DE-9 connection work?

A DC power supply with DE-9 connection works by converting alternating current (AC) from a wall outlet into direct current (DC) that can be used by electronic devices. The DE-9 connector, also known as a DB-9 or serial port, is used to transmit the DC power to the device.

3. What are the advantages of using a DC power supply with DE-9 connection?

One advantage of using a DC power supply with DE-9 connection is its versatility. The DE-9 connector is a standard interface that is widely used in the electronics industry, making it easy to connect to a variety of devices. Additionally, DC power supplies with DE-9 connection can provide a stable and reliable source of power, which is important for sensitive electronic equipment.

4. How do I choose the right DC power supply with DE-9 connection for my needs?

When choosing a DC power supply with DE-9 connection, it is important to consider the voltage and current requirements of your device. The power supply should have a voltage output that matches the requirements of your device, and the current output should be equal to or greater than the device's current draw. It is also important to consider the power supply's efficiency, reliability, and safety features.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a DC power supply with DE-9 connection?

Yes, there are a few safety precautions to keep in mind when using a DC power supply with DE-9 connection. First, always make sure to use a power supply that is compatible with your device's voltage and current requirements. Additionally, be sure to use the power supply in a well-ventilated area to prevent overheating. It is also important to regularly inspect the power supply for any signs of damage or wear. Finally, be sure to follow all instructions and safety guidelines provided by the manufacturer.