How Do I Solve This Electrical Engineering Equation?

• Thread starter _Miami_
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a student struggling to solve an equation from their electrical engineering class and asking for help. The suggested method to solve the equation is the Thevenin's theorem, and the steps for using this theorem are explained. The student is encouraged to make an attempt and show their work in order to receive assistance.
_Miami_

Homework Statement

I can't seem to solve this equation from my electrical engineering class.. Can someone please help..

Picture2-10.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you required to use a particular method to solve this network? If not, I would think the superposition method would be a good one to use in this case.

If you make an attempt and show your work, you will get some help.

you have to use thevenin's theorem..thats the problem... I am not familiar with it at all..
just started this course..and I am having a really hard time..
my attempt would take too long to post online.. that's why i haven't posted it..

Thevenin's theorem procedures:

1) Replace a short circuit instead of the voltage sources and open circuit instead of current sources.

2) Remove the 5 Ohm resistor that you want to calculate the current through it leaving an open circuit instead of the resistor.

3) Calculate the resistance seen from the open that you leave. Call it RTH.

4) Calculate the voltage on the open circuit. Call it VTH.

5) Now draw a practical voltage source (an ideal voltage source in sereis with a resistor) with a voltage of VTH and a resistor value of RTH.

6) Noe return the 5 Ohm resistor. Ix = VTH / (RTH + 5)

If the steps is not clear see:

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_10/8.html

1. What is "El. Eng. Problem"?

"El. Eng. Problem" stands for "Electrical Engineering Problem". It refers to a technical problem or challenge related to the field of electrical engineering.

2. What types of problems fall under "El. Eng. Problem"?

"El. Eng. Problem" can encompass a wide range of issues, including designing, building, and troubleshooting electrical systems, components, and devices. It can also involve solving mathematical and theoretical problems related to electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.

3. How can I get help with my "El. Eng. Problem"?

There are many resources available for assistance with "El. Eng. Problem". You can seek help from fellow engineers, consult textbooks and online resources, or hire a professional electrical engineer for more complex issues.

4. What skills are needed to solve "El. Eng. Problem"?

To effectively solve "El. Eng. Problem", one needs a strong understanding of electrical engineering principles, as well as skills in problem-solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail. Familiarity with relevant software and tools is also beneficial.

5. How can I prevent "El. Eng. Problem" in future projects?

To prevent "El. Eng. Problem" in future projects, it is crucial to conduct thorough research and planning, follow industry standards and regulations, and perform rigorous testing and quality control. Good communication and collaboration within a team can also help identify and address potential issues early on.