How should I Approach this Circuit Calculation?

In summary, the current source provides 3.0 amps of power. All of the resistors dissipate 0.3 amps of power.
REEEEEEEE
Homework Statement:: R1 = 2kOHms; R2 = 2kOHms; R3 = 3kOHms;
R4 = 3kOHms; VS = 25V; IS = 10mA
[5,5] a) Determine the power
provided by the source dependent on
current using method
of the nodes
[3.0] b) What is the value of electrical power
dissipated in all resistors in the circuit?
Relevant Equations:: V=IR
P=VI

Captura de ecrã 2021-11-30 173328.png

I am currently applying nodemethod but I got to the Ix part and I don't know what is the R of Ix now how to find it.
Can you give me some sugestions please?

Physics news on Phys.org
REEEEEEEE said:
... I got to the Ix part and I don't know what is the R of Ix now how to find it.
Can you give me some sugestions please?
An ideal voltage source maintains voltage, independent of current. Rv = dv/di = 0.
An ideal current source maintains current, independent of voltage. Ri = dv/di = ∞.

REEEEEEEE said:
[5,5] a) Determine the power
provided by the source dependent on
current using method
of the nodes
Just to be clear, you are looking for the power produced by the indicated current source?
1638298978000.png

gneill said:
Just to be clear, you are looking for the power produced by the indicated current source?
View attachment 293358
I am looking or the current Ix and the afte geting it and vx I will look for the power

REEEEEEEE said:
I am looking or the current Ix and the afte geting it and vx I will look for the power
If the object is to find the power produced by that dependent current source, then there may be an easier way to find it than analyzing the whole circuit to find ##V_x## and ##I_x##.

By inspection of the circuit, what must be the potential difference across that current source? Hint: look at the node potentials where it connects.

Well, you've got a circuit with a lot of known components and some variables. Show us what you HAVE done. We don't give help without seeing that you have put in some effort.

phinds said:
Well, you've got a circuit with a lot of known components and some variables. Show us what you HAVE done. We don't give help without seeing that you have put in some effort.
I am sorry.
Here's my work
unnamed (1).jpg

Too bad it's not really legible

What is the purpose of a circuit calculation?

A circuit calculation is used to determine the behavior and characteristics of an electrical circuit, such as current, voltage, and power. It helps to ensure that the circuit will function properly and safely.

What factors should I consider when approaching a circuit calculation?

Some important factors to consider when approaching a circuit calculation include the type of circuit (series or parallel), the components used, the voltage and current sources, and the desired outcome.

What tools or equations should I use for a circuit calculation?

There are various tools and equations that can be used for a circuit calculation, depending on the complexity of the circuit. Some common tools include Ohm's law, Kirchhoff's laws, and circuit analysis software.

How do I ensure accuracy in my circuit calculation?

To ensure accuracy in a circuit calculation, it is important to use reliable and accurate data for all components, double-check calculations, and consider any potential errors or uncertainties in the circuit.

What are some common mistakes to avoid in a circuit calculation?

Some common mistakes to avoid in a circuit calculation include using incorrect units, neglecting to account for all components in the circuit, and not considering the effects of temperature or other external factors.