Power Calculation for Mechanical Component Drives

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for calculating motor capacity for general mechanical components in drive applications. The person asks for any available calculation sites and reference books, but is unable to find satisfactory information in the Shigley General Mechanical Design books. Another person suggests going to www.bodine-electric.com and downloading their small motor handbook as a helpful resource. The conversation ends with the person thanking them for the suggestion and agreeing to check out the website.
Analysis
Dear all

I need to fix motor capacity for general mechanical components drive apllications

These type of calculation sites if available pl send me the details I cannot find that ones

Any reference books pl.forward me

(I referred shigley.general mechanical design books but i can't find the details)

By
Prakash

Engineering news on Phys.org
Go to
www.bodine-electric.com and look for their small motor handbook. It is downloadable and will get you started.

TVP45 said:
Go to
www.bodine-electric.com and look for their small motor handbook. It is downloadable and will get you started.

Thanks for your reply
Let me see the site.

Related to Power Calculation for Mechanical Component Drives

1. What is power calculation for mechanical component drives?

Power calculation for mechanical component drives is the process of determining the amount of power required to operate a mechanical system, such as a motor, gearbox, or pulley system. It involves calculating the torque, speed, and efficiency of the components in order to determine the overall power needed to drive the system.

2. Why is power calculation important for mechanical component drives?

Power calculation is important because it ensures that the mechanical components are properly sized and can handle the required load and speed. This helps to prevent overloading and premature failure of the components, which can be costly and dangerous.

3. What factors are considered in power calculation for mechanical component drives?

The main factors considered in power calculation for mechanical component drives are the torque, speed, efficiency, and load of the system. Other factors that may be taken into account include the type of power source, environmental conditions, and safety factors.

4. How is power calculated for mechanical component drives?

Power is calculated by multiplying the torque and speed of the system. The formula for power is: Power = Torque x Speed. The units for power are typically expressed in watts (W) or horsepower (hp).

5. What are some common tools or methods used for power calculation in mechanical component drives?

Some common tools and methods used for power calculation in mechanical component drives include computer-aided design (CAD) software, mathematical equations and formulas, and industry-specific standards and guidelines. Additionally, physical testing and prototyping may also be used to verify the accuracy of power calculations.