Who should help in the homework section?

• Thread starter Joel
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed who should provide help in the homework section. It was determined that it is acceptable to give 'peer help' by sharing ideas, as long as the original poster understands that it is not a definite solution.
Joel
I'm just wondering who should help in the homework section? Should I only comment those questions I feel comfortable enough to teach, or is it OK to give 'peer help', ie. when i don't know how to solve the problem, but I have an idea of what -could- be helpful?

Physics news on Phys.org
Joel said:
I'm just wondering who should help in the homework section? Should I only comment those questions I feel comfortable enough to teach, or is it OK to give 'peer help', ie. when i don't know how to solve the problem, but I have an idea of what -could- be helpful?
If you're not sure, but would like to share an idea you've got, just make sure OP understands that it is an idea you've given him, rather than a hint.
For example, you might start like this: "I'm not sure this will work, but have you tried..."

Okeydokey! Thanks!

1. Who is responsible for helping with homework?

The primary responsibility for helping with homework falls on the student. It is their responsibility to complete assignments and seek help when needed.

2. Should parents help with homework?

Parents can provide support and guidance for their child's homework, but it is important for the student to take ownership of their work. Parents should not do the homework for their child.

3. Is it okay for siblings to help with homework?

Having siblings help with homework can be beneficial as long as they are not doing the work for the student. They can provide guidance and support, but the student should still be responsible for completing the work themselves.

4. Can friends help with homework?

It is not recommended for friends to help with homework as it can lead to copying or cheating. It is important for students to complete their work independently and seek help from their teacher or a tutor if needed.

5. How can teachers help with homework?

Teachers can provide clear instructions and expectations for homework assignments, offer support and guidance during class, and be available for questions or clarification when needed. They can also provide resources or extra help outside of class time if necessary.