Can Humans Mentally Handle Immortality?

• Thread starter Ferris_bg
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of humans achieving biological immortality in the next 2000 years and the potential challenges that come with it. These challenges include saturation in the brain from experiencing everything practically possible and the need to constantly find new things to do. Various solutions are proposed, such as accumulating knowledge, learning new languages, and having a stress-free life with access to a database of all current knowledge. Different perspectives are also shared on the concept of living forever and its potential drawbacks. Ultimately, the conversation raises questions about whether humans would be mentally ready for such a drastic change and how they would adapt to it.
Who wants to live forever?

Pick me, pick me...

My bad... I was a bit late in responding. Are all the slots filled now? :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
hamster143 said:
Information density of the human brain is limited.

If you live forever, you will have plenty of time to devote to the problem of transferring your conciousness to an expanded medium (e.g. a suitably larger 'electronic' brain). Brain 2.0

Noxide said:
This is obvious. The fact that you think it's new information speaks volumes about you.

And what exactly does that supposed to mean. My only intent was to spread information to people who may not have known it. Any sarcasm from anyone is less constructive than so called obvious knowledge.