Where can I find the signal detection point on a SatFinder WS-6903?

• Thread starter Ravaner
  • Start date
In summary, someone is looking for a way to get the detected signal in a SatFinder WS-6903 radiotelescope application. They are asking for help finding the signal on the PCB or if there is a USB interface available. They have successfully tapped off a signal on a different sat finder with analog display and only need the amplitude of the signal, not the content. However, due to the complexity of the new sat finder, they are seeking experienced help.
Ravaner
Hello. In a radiotelescope application I need to get the detected signal in a SatFinder WS-6903. probably just before digitizing and display. If someone owns the schematics or knows where is this point on PCB ...

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ravaner said:
Hello. In a radiotelescope application I need to get the detected signal in a SatFinder WS-6903. probably just before digitizing and display. If someone owns the schematics or knows where is this point on PCB ...

At those frequencies, I doubt there is a point where you can easily tap off a signal. Do they make any versions with a USB interface or some other way to communicate with the microprocessor inside?

Hi. In fact I did that job already on more classical sat finder with analog display (µ amp meter) . This one is more complicated, with many smd and double face components. Finally it's always the same chain :filtering, voltage doubling (Schottky diodes), amplification, display. I really need an experienced reply for this device, or better the schematics.

I need to get the detected signal...

are you after the signal content or just its amplitude as in AGC ?

Hi. I only need its amplitude, as I wrote it's a simple detection (AGC is a good example). Problem is that on my new sat finder WS-6903 there are to many components (µcontroller ...) and to find the place of this signal is not an easy game to play

What is the purpose of the SatFinder SatLink WS-6903?

The SatFinder SatLink WS-6903 is a portable satellite finder device used to locate the position of a satellite signal for satellite television and internet installations.

How does the SatFinder SatLink WS-6903 work?

The SatFinder SatLink WS-6903 works by connecting to a satellite dish and displaying the signal strength and quality on its LCD screen. The user can then adjust the position of the dish to maximize the signal strength and quality.

Is the SatFinder SatLink WS-6903 easy to use?

Yes, the SatFinder SatLink WS-6903 is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. It has a simple interface and can be operated by anyone, even those without technical knowledge.

Can the SatFinder SatLink WS-6903 be used for all satellite installations?

No, the SatFinder SatLink WS-6903 is designed specifically for satellite television and internet installations. It may not be suitable for other types of satellite installations.

Can the SatFinder SatLink WS-6903 be used in any location?

Yes, the SatFinder SatLink WS-6903 can be used in any location as long as there is a clear line of sight to the satellite. However, it may not be as accurate in areas with high levels of interference or obstructions.