Physics E and M study book recommendations please

In summary, the person is taking a physics course at a community college, but is struggling with the concepts and the teacher is not helpful. They are looking for recommendations for a book or other resources to help them self-study the course, preferably at the same level as the AP Physics C exam. Some suggestions are Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J Griffiths, Halliday Resnick Krane Volume 2, Berkeley Physics Course Volume 2, and Ed Purcell's Berkeley course.
phsyicslearne
Hello,

I am taking a physics course at community college this summer to (as I thought originally) to get a head start into Electrical Engineering at my main college, and unfortunately it is not going well. The teacher is not good at all and I am relying heavily on myself to somehow just get the homework done. Of course, I am studying the textbook heavily, but I am absolutely stuck on most problems. The main thing is that I am having trouble grasping the concepts amidst all the calculus that is being thrown at me by my textbook, so I was wondering if you could give me some recommendations on a book that explains things clearly and concisely, much like the AP Advantage prep book for the mechanics portion of the AP Physics C exam. Or any other resources to help me basically self study this course would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
You may try out Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J Griffiths...

yogeshbua said:
You may try out Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J Griffiths...

Too advanced...

The question that needs to be asked is what text are you using right now. Then we can suggest texts at the same level that might be clearer in their exposition.

Berkeley course by Ed purcell will be a good choice to study. Griffiths is a bit advance text. But if you want to start from scratch, then study Halliday resnick krane.

What are some good study books for Physics E and M?

Some highly recommended books for studying Physics E and M are "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by Griffiths, "Electricity and Magnetism" by Purcell, "Classical Electrodynamics" by Jackson, and "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick.

Are there any online resources for studying Physics E and M?

Yes, there are many free online resources available for studying Physics E and M. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Physics Classroom.

Do I need to have a strong background in math to study Physics E and M?

Yes, a strong understanding of calculus, algebra, and trigonometry is necessary for studying Physics E and M. It is recommended to have completed at least one year of calculus before delving into this subject.

Are there any practice problems or exercises in these recommended study books?

Yes, all of the recommended study books have practice problems and exercises to help reinforce the concepts learned. It is important to actively engage with the material and regularly practice problem-solving to fully understand the subject.

Is it necessary to purchase all of the recommended study books?

No, it is not necessary to purchase all of the recommended study books. It is recommended to choose one or two that best suit your learning style and budget. However, it may be beneficial to have access to multiple resources for additional practice problems and explanations.