DOS Operating System Report - Get Help Now!

In summary, MS-DOS was the operating system for the IBM PC. It had a command prompt and did not have a graphical user interface. DOS was the background of future OS's and was eventually replaced by Windows.
Isuru cha
I have a report for complete about DOC operating system and their requirements t,
but i haven't good source for collected details please help my my friend,

Computer science news on Phys.org
Did you mean PC-DOS or MS-DOS, or perhaps DOS going back ot the days of the IBM 360?

You can do a web search to find information about DOS, the requirements, and the features supported by DOS.

rcgldr said:
Did you mean PC-DOS or MS-DOS ...

What's the difference? I think that's just two names for the same thing, no?

rcgldr said:
Did you mean PC-DOS or MS-DOS

phinds said:
What's the difference? I think that's just two names for the same thing, no?
One was produced by IBM for their PC machines, and the other was produced by Microsoft. They are similar but not the same. I don't recall any specific differences off the top of my head, but a search on Wikipedia or elsewhere would point them out.

To the OP: The acronym was DOS, not Dos or DOC.

Mark44 said:
One was produced by IBM for their PC machines, and the other was produced by Microsoft. They are similar but not the same. I don't recall any specific differences off the top of my head, but a search on Wikipedia or elsewhere would point them out.

To the OP: The acronym was DOS, not Dos or DOC.

Hm ... the way I heard it, IBM outsourced the OS to what became Microsoft and allowed them to use it with other machines without modification.

EDIT: Ah ... it did in fact start out exactly as I remembered, but they did go their separate ways after a while, so you're right.

Isuru cha said:
requirements
Some early versions of MSDOS such as 2.11 or before, could run on non PC compatable hardware. I think this changed with version 3.0.

I want to details about MS-DOS operating system,

Isuru cha said:
I want to details about MS-DOS operating system,

It was command prompt, wasn't it? No GUI. What specific details do you require for your report?

DOS was the background of future OS's wasn't it? Except to replace command prompt, there was graphical interface in lieu. But in the background it was really just DOS?

Isuru cha said:
I have a report for complete about DOC operating system and their requirements t,
but i haven't good source for collected details please help my my friend,

https://www.google.com/search?q=wiki+msdos

If that doesn't provide enough information then please provide more specific questions.

1. What is DOS Operating System Report?

DOS Operating System Report is a report that provides information about the Disk Operating System (DOS), a command-line based operating system developed by Microsoft. It includes details about the history, features, and usage of DOS.

2. Why should I get help with DOS Operating System Report?

Getting help with DOS Operating System Report can be beneficial for individuals who are new to DOS and want to learn more about its features and usage. It can also be helpful for those who are experiencing difficulties with using DOS and need assistance in troubleshooting.

3. How can I get help with DOS Operating System Report?

You can get help with DOS Operating System Report by reaching out to technical support or consulting a knowledgeable individual who is familiar with DOS. You can also find online resources and tutorials that can provide guidance and assistance with understanding DOS.

4. Is DOS Operating System Report relevant today?

Although DOS is an older operating system, it is still used in certain applications and industries. Understanding DOS can also provide a foundation for understanding modern command-line interfaces and operating systems. Therefore, DOS Operating System Report can still be relevant and useful today.

5. Can I use DOS Operating System Report on modern computers?

DOS Operating System Report can be used on modern computers, but it may require additional software or virtualization tools. DOS is no longer the primary operating system used on modern computers, but it can still be accessed and used for specific purposes.