A question about two-step wireless securities

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wireless
In summary, the school administrator says that Windows Phone users cannot use the school wireless because there is no configuration for it and that there is a program for Android devices but not for Windows Phone.
mech-eng
Hi. I enter the school wireless with my school number as first step then my mail-password related to school's mail as the two step. I do this with Windows operating system by a simple configuration but I cannot do that configuration by Windows Phone O.S. The network officiers says there is no configuration for Windows Phone O.S now but there are for Iphone operating system and Android. So handyphones with other two operating systems can enter the wireless but not Windows Phone. I also know one of my friend entered wireless with Symbian O.S of an old Nokia by the help of a program. I would like to collect information about this situation and this wireless system but I do not know anything related. Would you like to help me learn.

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
It's some kind of two factor authentication. He's not able to do one of them with the Windows Phone.

It's highly unlikely but it's possible that your version of the Windows Phone doesn't support the type of 2 factor auth the school is using. I would suggest contacting the technical support (IT team) at your school and asking them. This is probably the best avenue for you.

Routaran said:
It's some kind of two factor authentication. He's not able to do one of them with the Windows Phone.

It's highly unlikely but it's possible that your version of the Windows Phone doesn't support the type of 2 factor auth the school is using. I would suggest contacting the technical support (IT team) at your school and asking them. This is probably the best avenue for you.

Thank you Routaran. I spoke to some of IT members but they said there is no way. I have learned that there is program called Uniwifi, but it is for android devices. If I can find its equivalent versions for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 with Bing (for tablets) I can succeed it.

1. What are two-step wireless securities?

Two-step wireless securities are a type of security system that requires two different methods of authentication in order to access a wireless network or device. This adds an extra layer of protection against unauthorized access.

2. How do two-step wireless securities work?

Two-step wireless securities typically work by requiring the user to enter a password or PIN as the first step, and then using a secondary method such as a security token or biometric scan as the second step. This ensures that even if someone knows the password, they still cannot access the system without the second method of authentication.

3. What are the benefits of using two-step wireless securities?

The main benefit of using two-step wireless securities is increased security. By requiring two different forms of authentication, it becomes much harder for hackers or unauthorized users to gain access to sensitive information or networks. This can help prevent data breaches and protect sensitive data.

4. Are there any drawbacks to using two-step wireless securities?

One potential drawback of two-step wireless securities is that they can be more time-consuming for users, as they have to go through two steps instead of just one. This can be frustrating for some individuals, but the added security is often worth the inconvenience.

5. How can I implement two-step wireless securities?

The specific steps for implementing two-step wireless securities may vary depending on the system or network, but generally it involves setting up the two-factor authentication process and training users on how to use it. It may also require purchasing additional hardware or software, such as security tokens or biometric scanners.