Physicsforums places 42986th place

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a program called Folding@Home, which is a mass computing project that aims to find the ultimate fruit rollups flavor. The speaker also mentioned other projects such as LHC@home, Einstein@home, and Genome@Home. They also discussed difficulties with running the program on Mac and possible solutions.
Physics news on Phys.org
its for a program called Folding@Home. Its a mass computing project thingy :P I think they are trying to figure out hte ultimate fruit rollups flavor.

This is a better page to see the ranking and the team
http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=42986
If you want to join look at this thread
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=22387
42986 is the team number not the ranking. The ranking is 4380 of 41517

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I couldn't participate because it's not a Mac-friendly site. I'll talk it over with N/W and see if she'll let me involve her PC. Definitely a worth-while project.

Yeah, I also tried to do Einstein@Home on my Mac, I'm not a computer dumb-ass, and I can't figure out how to do it.

Do we have any other teams I could join?

I run LHC@home and Einstien@home.

I don't like that folding@home one. It won't let me watch movies in Full screen, it keeps popping up. even when it is not visible.

tribdog said:
I don't like that folding@home one. It won't let me watch movies in Full screen, it keeps popping up. even when it is not visible.

then turn it off, duh :cool:

1. What is the significance of "Physicsforums places 42986th place"?

"Physicsforums places 42986th place" refers to the ranking of the online forum "Physicsforums" on a website or search engine. It indicates that Physicsforums is the 42,986th most popular or visited forum on the internet.

2. How is the ranking of "Physicsforums places 42986th place" determined?

The ranking of "Physicsforums places 42986th place" is determined by various factors such as the number of active users, frequency of posts, and overall engagement on the forum. It is also influenced by the popularity of similar forums and websites in the same category.

3. Is being in 42986th place considered a good ranking for "Physicsforums"?

The ranking of 42986th place for "Physicsforums" can be considered good or bad depending on the context. In comparison to all the forums on the internet, it may be considered a decent ranking. However, in comparison to other physics forums, it may be considered lower or higher.

4. Does the ranking of "Physicsforums places 42986th place" affect the quality of discussions on the forum?

The ranking of "Physicsforums places 42986th place" does not necessarily reflect the quality of discussions on the forum. It is possible for a forum to have a lower ranking but still have high-quality discussions and vice versa. The ranking is mainly based on popularity and not necessarily on the content of discussions.

5. Can the ranking of "Physicsforums places 42986th place" change over time?

Yes, the ranking of "Physicsforums places 42986th place" can change over time. It is influenced by the activity and engagement on the forum, so if there is an increase or decrease in these factors, the ranking may change accordingly. Additionally, the ranking of other forums in the same category may also affect the ranking of "Physicsforums."