Futurama Returns: Good News for Fans!

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News
In summary, Futurama is coming back and will potentially be on TV again. There was a conversation about a child named Ben being named after Benjamin Franklin and potentially being called Bender. There was also a discussion about slang terms and cultural differences. Overall, there is excitement about Futurama's return to television.
Physics news on Phys.org
Better hope she never finds this thread...

Wouldn't recommend calling him that.

I know it's not correct or anything, but where I come from a 'Bender' is a male homosexual.

Just a FYI on that one.

jarednjames said:
I know it's not correct or anything, but where I come from a 'Bender' is a male homosexual.

These collisions are unavoidable, this one time in grad school we were about to start a final exam and one student (chinese, female) asked another student (British, Male) for "a rubber." The british student replied with a straight face that he didn't have one. At this point the rest of the class (mostly Americans, and all very nervous about the test) started to laugh at what we perceived as an absurd, bizarre exchange, and the puzzled expressions on the foreigners faces only made more absurd. It turns out that in UK slang a 'rubber' is a rubber pencil eraser, but in US slang a 'rubber' is a rubber condom!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyrus said:
I call him bono because he looks like him in that picture with the green swim goggles.

No, that was Simon. Simon is the nicest guy you will ever meet. Ben is terrifying.

Finally, there will be something worth watching on TV :)

I read the title in the professor's voice and instantly knew it was something about futurama.

CINA said:
I read the title in the professor's voice and instantly knew it was something about futurama.

Same here. In fact, Farnsworth has been narrating this entire thread for me.

What is "Futurama Returns"?

"Futurama Returns" is a revival of the animated science fiction sitcom "Futurama", which originally aired from 1999 to 2003. It has since returned with four direct-to-DVD movies and two additional seasons on Comedy Central.

Why is "Futurama Returns" good news for fans?

Fans of "Futurama" have been eagerly awaiting its return since the series finale in 2013. The show has a devoted fan base and is known for its clever humor, unique characters, and thought-provoking sci-fi themes. The return of the show means more adventures with our favorite characters and the potential for new storylines and jokes.

Who will be involved in "Futurama Returns"?

The original creator, Matt Groening, and executive producer, David X. Cohen, are both involved in the revival. The main voice cast, including Billy West, Katey Sagal, and John DiMaggio, will also be returning to reprise their roles. Additionally, many of the original writers and animators are also returning.

Will there be any changes to the show in "Futurama Returns"?

While the show's core elements and characters will remain the same, there may be some changes to the format and storylines in the revival. Cohen has stated that they plan to explore some new themes and ideas in the new episodes.

When will "Futurama Returns" be released and where can I watch it?

The revival is set to be released in 2021 on the streaming service Hulu. It will consist of 26 episodes, which will be split into two parts. The exact release date has not yet been announced, but fans can expect to see it on their screens sometime next year.