How Does Thrust to Weight Ratio Impact Engine Efficiency?

• Thread starter chhitiz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Design
In summary, the conversation discusses a design for a toroidal internal combustion engine and the potential issues and challenges it faces. The design is inspired by previous attempts at creating a more efficient and powerful engine, but the conversation brings up concerns about heat transfer, sealing, power transmission, and efficiency calculations. The conversation also includes a discussion about the uniqueness of the design and the possibility of similar designs already existing.
Unit91Actual said:
It looks like you made that in Abaqus (?). If so, did you run an FE simulation to see what types of stresses are in the engine? One of the biggest concerns in efficiency is thrust to weight ratio (T/W). If you want to take this to the next step, I recommend seeing what your stresses are like, and determining if you have too much / too little material. Factors of safety are also important.
it was made in catia. and as far as i know, there is no way of getting the stresses in it.

gmax137 said:
What exactly do you mean by 'efficiency'? Can you write down what you mean in words, and then take a stab and quantifying it? Why do you think calculating it is any different then the 'efficiency' calculations described in the automotive engineering textbooks?
efficiency is how much of the chemical energy of the fuel is actually converted into useful work. and calculating it is different because this design will have a totally different thermodynamic cycle

<h2>What is the purpose of "Doods, check out my design"?</h2><p>The phrase "Doods, check out my design" is often used as a way to share a design or creation with others and receive feedback or validation.</p><h2>How can I get others to check out my design?</h2><p>You can use social media platforms, online forums, or even in-person interactions to share your design and ask for feedback. Using the phrase "Doods, check out my design" can also grab people's attention and encourage them to take a look.</p><h2>What should I do if I receive negative feedback on my design?</h2><p>It's important to remember that everyone has their own opinions and tastes. Negative feedback can be helpful in identifying areas for improvement, but ultimately, it's up to you to decide how to incorporate that feedback into your design.</p><h2>Is it important to get feedback on my design?</h2><p>Getting feedback on your design can be valuable in improving and refining your work. It also allows you to see your design from different perspectives and potentially identify any blind spots or areas for improvement.</p><h2>How can I use feedback on my design to improve my skills?</h2><p>By taking into account the feedback you receive, you can identify areas for improvement and work on honing your skills in those specific areas. Additionally, receiving feedback from others can also expose you to new techniques and ideas that you can incorporate into your future designs.</p>

What is the purpose of "Doods, check out my design"?

The phrase "Doods, check out my design" is often used as a way to share a design or creation with others and receive feedback or validation.

How can I get others to check out my design?

You can use social media platforms, online forums, or even in-person interactions to share your design and ask for feedback. Using the phrase "Doods, check out my design" can also grab people's attention and encourage them to take a look.

What should I do if I receive negative feedback on my design?

It's important to remember that everyone has their own opinions and tastes. Negative feedback can be helpful in identifying areas for improvement, but ultimately, it's up to you to decide how to incorporate that feedback into your design.

Is it important to get feedback on my design?

Getting feedback on your design can be valuable in improving and refining your work. It also allows you to see your design from different perspectives and potentially identify any blind spots or areas for improvement.

How can I use feedback on my design to improve my skills?

By taking into account the feedback you receive, you can identify areas for improvement and work on honing your skills in those specific areas. Additionally, receiving feedback from others can also expose you to new techniques and ideas that you can incorporate into your future designs.