What are those random word e-mails?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Random
In summary, some individuals may receive emails with seemingly random word lists, but they have no meaning and are likely just a spammer's tactic to avoid being caught by screening software. It is recommended to report these emails as spam to your ISP.
Loren Booda
Do any of you receive emails composed of seemingly random word lists, e. g.,

"spiteful, congress, omnipresent, culinary, loggia," etc.

What meaning might these messages have for an average Internut like me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Loren Booda said:
Do any of you receive emails composed of seemingly random word lists, e. g.,

"spiteful, congress, omnipresent, culinary, loggia," etc.

What meaning might these messages have for an average Internut like me?
No, sorry. They have no meaning.

It's just a spammer's tactic to try to evade screening software. My ISP for my personal e-mail has a button I can click to report spam. Amazingly I never got any spam until a few months ago.

Those random word e-mails are likely spam or unsolicited emails. They are often used by scammers and spammers to bypass email filters and reach a wider audience. The words used in these emails are usually chosen at random and have no real meaning or purpose. As an average internet user, it is best to ignore and delete these emails to avoid potential scams or viruses. It is always important to be cautious when opening emails from unknown senders and to never click on any suspicious links or attachments.

What are those random word e-mails?

The random word e-mails are typically unsolicited emails that contain a string of seemingly random words or phrases. These emails are usually sent out in bulk and have no specific purpose or meaning.

Why am I receiving these random word e-mails?

You may be receiving these random word e-mails because your email address has been obtained by spammers and added to their list. They may also be using a "bot" to generate and send out these emails to random addresses.

Are these random word e-mails harmful?

No, these emails are not typically harmful. However, they can be annoying and may clog up your inbox. It is important to not click on any links or open any attachments in these emails, as they may contain viruses or malware.

Can I stop receiving these random word e-mails?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to stop receiving these emails. However, you can mark them as spam and set up filters in your email account to automatically delete them. It is also important to be cautious about giving out your email address online to avoid getting added to spam lists.

Are there any reasons for these random word e-mails?

Some possible reasons for these random word e-mails include testing for active email addresses, attempting to bypass spam filters, or simply trying to annoy people. However, since the senders are typically unknown and the emails have no clear purpose, it is difficult to determine the exact reason for these emails.