Box of primes over l V X a l ^2

• Thread starter maysenator
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box Primes
In summary, the conversation is about finding the values for B and t in a space curve problem involving the equation r(t) = (3sint)i + (3cost)j + 4tk. The speaker mentions two different methods for finding the answer, the "box of primes" method and the t = -dB/ds N method. They are not allowed to use the first method and are struggling to get the correct answer using the second method, but eventually figure it out.
maysenator
"box of primes" over l V X a l ^2

Homework Statement

Find B, and t for these space curves (t = torsion)

r(t) = (3sint)i + (3cost)j + 4tk

Homework Equations

Ok, so in my textbook i have two different equations to find the answer to this.

the "box of primes" over l V X a l ^2 method which I am NOT ALLOWED to use.

i am supposed to get torsion using t = -dB/ds N

When i use the latter, i keep getting -4, but with the long definition i can get -4/25 (the right answer)

The Attempt at a Solution

I calculate -dB/ds as (4sinti + 4costj) and N (-sint - cost)

im a little confused and getting lost in all the different definitions of everything!

anyone care to shed a little light thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org

i figured it out, only a small mistake

for anyone who may encounter this exact scenario

i was forgetting dt/ds as 1/lvl where as ds/dt is mag v

small dumb error

What is a box of primes over l V X a l ^2?

A box of primes over l V X a l ^2 is a collection of prime numbers that are arranged in a box shape, with l rows and l columns, and a prime number at each intersection. The exponent ^2 indicates that the primes in the box are squared.

How is a box of primes over l V X a l ^2 created?

A box of primes over l V X a l ^2 is created by first determining the value of l, which determines the number of rows and columns in the box. Then, starting from the top left corner, prime numbers are placed in each intersection, following a specific pattern. This pattern can vary depending on the specific method used to create the box.

What is the significance of a box of primes over l V X a l ^2?

A box of primes over l V X a l ^2 has no specific mathematical significance, but it can be used as a visual representation of prime numbers and their patterns. It can also be used as a puzzle or game for educational purposes.

How can a box of primes over l V X a l ^2 be used in research or experiments?

A box of primes over l V X a l ^2 can be used in various mathematical experiments and research, such as studying the distribution and patterns of prime numbers. It can also be used in number theory and cryptography.

Are there any variations to a box of primes over l V X a l ^2?

Yes, there are many variations to a box of primes over l V X a l ^2. Some common variations include using a different shape for the box, such as a triangle or hexagon, or using a different method for arranging the primes, such as using a spiral pattern. These variations can result in unique and interesting patterns of prime numbers.