How to delete Command Service?

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Delete
In summary, the conversation discusses a computer issue with an unknown program causing high CPU usage. The speaker has tried various methods to remove it, such as using Spybot and searching through the hard drive, but has been unsuccessful. They are seeking help and are advised to use a spyware removal tool and implement preventative measures for future incidents.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
How do you get rid of this thing?!

It's sucking up all my computer power! It's freaking annoying.

Spybot can't get rid of it fully even after restarting the computer. I tried the whole search through the hard drive for Command Service but it doesn't find anything under that name. I tried the Add/Remove program but it doesn't show underneath it either.

I know it's still on my computer because it's sucking up all my computer power (about 90% of it!) under cmd.exe and it still shows up in the SpyBot search but it can't get rid of the whole thing.

HELP ME!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Google on the name. There are spyware removal tools that claim to be 100% effective at removing it.

Jason, try following these instructions:
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

Someone who had a rogue cmd.exe had success using the above link.

In the future, it would be good to have a live virus scanner, such as Avast! running in the background. And the firefox web browser with the NoScript extension would be a good idea. A lot of harm can be done to your computer by scripts that run when you load a webpage. NoScript tries to mitigate these issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Can I delete Command Service without affecting my computer's performance?

Yes, you can safely delete Command Service without negatively impacting your computer's performance. Command Service is not a necessary system process and can be removed without causing any issues.

2. How do I delete Command Service?

To delete Command Service, you will need to access your computer's Task Manager and end the process. Then, navigate to the Command Service file location and delete it. Finally, empty your computer's recycle bin to fully remove Command Service.

3. Is it necessary to delete Command Service?

No, it is not necessary to delete Command Service. It is not a harmful process and will not cause any harm to your computer. However, if you do not use Command Service and want to free up space on your computer, you can safely delete it.

4. Will deleting Command Service affect any of my other programs?

No, deleting Command Service should not affect any of your other programs. As long as you properly delete the process and do not accidentally delete any necessary files, your other programs should continue to function normally.

5. How can I prevent Command Service from running on my computer?

The best way to prevent Command Service from running on your computer is to disable it from starting up automatically. You can do this by accessing your computer's Task Manager, navigating to the Startup tab, and disabling Command Service from the list of programs that start up when your computer boots.