Solve 8526 N Weight Acceleration Problem at 5° Angle

In summary, the problem involves a load hanging at an angle of 5 degrees below a crane while the trolley is accelerating. The task is to determine the acceleration of the load, and the relevant equation may be a = f/m, where f is equal to 8526 multiplied by the tangent of 5 degrees, resulting in 745 Newtons. However, the specific equation to use is not given, so further guidance is needed.
ryanbe

Homework Statement

A object with a weight of 8526 Newton hangs at a angle of 5 deg below a crane while the trolley accelerates.

What is the acceleration of the load ?

Homework Equations

none given

The Attempt at a Solution

i don't know which equation i should use ? i know acceleration is a = Dv / Dt but none of
this is given, only the angle that is created by inertia holding back the object ?

will figure it out myself i just need guidance on what to use for the problem

thanx :)

Physics news on Phys.org
What's the most important law in classical mechanics in regards to motion?

a = f/m ?

f=8526tan5
f=745n ?

I would first assess the given information and determine what is missing. In this case, we have the weight of the object (8526 N) and the angle at which it is hanging (5°), but we do not have the acceleration or any other relevant measurements. Therefore, we need to use equations that relate weight, angle, and acceleration.

One possible equation to use is the force equation F = ma, where F is the weight (in Newtons), m is the mass (in kilograms), and a is the acceleration (in meters per second squared). We can rearrange this equation to solve for a: a = F/m. However, we still need to know the mass of the object in order to use this equation. If the mass is not given, we can use the equation F = mg, where g is the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s^2 on Earth). Again, we can rearrange this equation to solve for a: a = F/mg.

Another possible equation to use is the trigonometric relationship between the weight, angle, and the force in the vertical direction. This can be written as Fsinθ = mg, where θ is the angle (in radians) and m is the mass. We can rearrange this equation to solve for a: a = gsinθ.

In order to solve this problem, we need to know the mass of the object, the acceleration due to gravity, or the angle in radians. Once we have one of these values, we can use one of the equations mentioned above to solve for the acceleration of the load.

Related to Solve 8526 N Weight Acceleration Problem at 5° Angle

1. What is the formula for calculating weight acceleration?

The formula for calculating weight acceleration is W = m x g, where W is weight, m is mass, and g is acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s²).

2. How do you solve a weight acceleration problem at a certain angle?

To solve a weight acceleration problem at a certain angle, you can use the formula W = m x g x sinθ, where θ is the angle of the incline. This formula takes into account the component of weight that is acting parallel to the incline.

3. What is the unit of weight acceleration?

The unit of weight acceleration is meters per second squared (m/s²).

4. How do you convert weight to mass?

To convert weight to mass, you can use the formula m = W/g, where m is mass, W is weight, and g is acceleration due to gravity. This formula assumes that the object is on Earth's surface.

5. Can weight acceleration be negative?

Yes, weight acceleration can be negative if the object is moving in the opposite direction of the incline or if the incline is facing downwards. In this case, the weight acceleration would be considered deceleration.