What would be an outcome after i reformat my pc?

• Thread starter MadPhysics08
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pc
In summary: AGAIN after reformating my pcIn summary, your brother installed a new video card and RAM, and your PC became slow and you had to reinstall drivers.
MadPhysics08
my brother installed a new video card and a new RAM...
i have three hard drives... drive c, drive d and drive e

i am aware about the outcome after i reformat my pc
and i freshly knew in how to reformat a pc and i haven't try it in actual...
i learned only on youtube
my drive e is empty

my problem is...what will happen to the video card and the RAM that installed already after
i format my pc
and the files inside the motherboard driver backup-the folder's name, that found on the
drive d
and i want drive c to reformat only

by the way my pc got very slow...and a lot of problems about the software i installed, so i
decided this

Computer science news on Phys.org
You reformat an individual drive, not all your drives (unless you somehow have the drives configured so that it everything is spanned and it looks like a single drive--then again, if you could do that, you probably wouldn't be asking this question!)

When you install an operating system (say, Windows XP or some such), and you have the actual windows media, and not some stupid restore disk you're offered the option to reformat one or more of your drives (if I remember correctly, it doesn't tell you what the volume is, but it does tell you the volume label, e.g. WD-120xxxxx for a Western Digital 120 GB hard drive) prior to the installation of the operating system. Make damn sure you have the right drive before reformatting.

Nothing will happen to the video card or RAM (assuming you don't do something really out there). However, you will need to reinstall the drivers for the video card (along with any other hardware that Windows or whatever operating system you use doesn't recognize). Obviously, you'll also need to reinstall the programs you use.

A better option may be a Console Repair (at least in Windows XP), which keeps all your data, and (attempts to) restore everything back to brand new. Not always good enough, however.

now...i understand! i have to reinstall all the drivers again after my pc reformated
the directx, realtech, ect...thank u

so this thread is close...

1. What exactly happens when I reformat my PC?

Reformatting your PC means erasing all the data on your hard drive and reinstalling the operating system. This process will restore your computer to its original factory settings.

2. Will reformatting my PC fix any software issues?

Yes, reformatting your PC can fix software issues as it removes all the existing programs and files from your computer. However, it is important to note that it will also erase any personal files, so make sure to back up important data before reformatting.

3. How long does it take to reformat a PC?

The time it takes to reformat a PC can vary depending on the speed of your computer and the amount of data on your hard drive. On average, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours.

4. Do I need any special tools to reformat my PC?

No, you do not need any special tools to reformat your PC. Most operating systems have built-in tools that allow you to reformat your computer. However, you will need an installation disc or USB drive with the operating system to complete the reformatting process.

5. Will reformatting my PC delete all viruses?

Yes, reformatting your PC will remove all viruses and malware as it erases all the data on your hard drive. However, it is important to ensure that you have a clean installation disc or USB drive to prevent any viruses from being transferred back onto your computer.