Register to reply

SatFinder SatLink WS-6903

by Ravaner
Tags: satfinder, satlink, ws6903
Share this thread:
Ravaner
Jun11-14, 12:17 PM
P: 97
Hello. In a radiotelescope application I need to get the detected signal in a SatFinder WS-6903. probably just before digitizing and display. If someone owns the schematics or knows where is this point on PCB ...
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Comfortable climate indoors with porous glass
Crash-testing rivets
Customized surface inspection
berkeman
Jun11-14, 03:03 PM
Mentor
P: 40,730
Quote Quote by Ravaner View Post
Hello. In a radiotelescope application I need to get the detected signal in a SatFinder WS-6903. probably just before digitizing and display. If someone owns the schematics or knows where is this point on PCB ...
At those frequencies, I doubt there is a point where you can easily tap off a signal. Do they make any versions with a USB interface or some other way to communicate with the microprocessor inside?
Ravaner
Jun11-14, 11:07 PM
Hi. In fact I did that job already on more classical sat finder with analog display (µ amp meter) . This one is more complicated, with many smd and double face components. Finally it's always the same chain :filtering, voltage doubling (Schottky diodes), amplification, display. I really need an experienced reply for this device, or better the schematics.

jim hardy
Jun12-14, 04:58 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 3,519
SatFinder SatLink WS-6903

I need to get the detected signal....
are you after the signal content or just its amplitude as in AGC ?
Ravaner
Jun12-14, 07:27 AM
Hi. I only need its amplitude, as I wrote it's a simple detection (AGC is a good example). Problem is that on my new sat finder WS-6903 there are to many components (µcontroller ...) and to find the place of this signal is not an easy game to play

Register to reply