Do Physics majors watch reality tv?

In summary, people with a scientific background and higher education enjoy reality TV shows, but one should not expect them to have a deep understanding of the content.
I don't know who said what on here I just went and looked at my e-mail and noticed there was quite a few msgs from this board on this topic and I went and looked and just got the feeling that people thought I was generalizing them, and being a snob So, I'm sorry if I got you mixed up with someone else.

To your meditation remark, I have no idea how to meditate. I'm just naturally a high strung person, and learning to sit still and chill for a few minutes is really hard for me. Seriously it's taken me awhile just to post this msg, while I've been posting it I've been folding laundry, and picking up after my daughter and her friends, and now I have to get ready for work, cause I have to go in a few hours early since someone called in. Any tips would be great, because right now I don't know how I will be able to sit still long enough to study.

I haven't watched survivor in years, but you're right it's probably one of the few that aren't staged. I use to watch The Hills, and that was probably the last reality show I watched and that seemed so staged that it turned me off of all others.

Anyways I got to go, so have a good friday!

Physics news on Phys.org
Only in America, Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Rocket City Rednecks, Invention USA etc. are also considered reality shows.

Just because you study science doesn't mean you don't watch reality TV shows.

Best Pokemon said:
Just because you study science doesn't mean you don't watch reality TV shows.

Sure, I think it was meant as a statistical investigation, not a deterministic one.

Pythagorean said:
Sure, I think it was meant as a statistical investigation, not a deterministic one.

That's seems fair enough. It would have been better if the question contained a quantifier such as a lot of, plenty of, many, or any.

As long as it doesn't contain the qualifier "all" or "every", I can forgive.

Jagger & Richards said:
When I'm watchin' my TV
and a man comes on to tell me
how white my shirts can be.
Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
the same cigarettes as me.

Just sayin...