Two variabe induction question

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Induction
This allows you to prove the proposition for all whole numbers, not just n1.In summary, n1 is the smallest whole number for which the inequality (1+x)^n >1 +n*x + n*x^2 holds true. This has been proven by induction, using the strong form where the proposition is assumed to be true for all whole numbers less than n and then proved for n. The base case is proven by assuming n = n1 and showing that the inequality holds true. For the inductive step, the proposition is assumed to be true for n = k and then proven for n = k+1. Multiplying the inductive hypothesis by (1+x) and applying the property that if a<b<c, then a
transgalactic
n1 is the smallest whole number for which this inequality works :

(1+x)^n >1 +n*x + n*x^2

also i am given that x>0

find n1

and prove this inequality for every n=>n1 by induction.

the base case:

(1+x)^n1 >1+n1*x + n1*x^2

i think its correct because i was told that this inequality works for n1.

n=k step we presume that this equation is true :

equation 1: (1+x)^k >1 +k*x + k*x^2

n=k+1 step we need to prove this equation:
equation 2: (1+x)^(k+1) >1 +(k+1)*x + (k+1)*x^2

now i need to multiply equation1 by sum thing
and
do
if a<b<c
then a<c

how to do this thing in this case?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
i multiplied equation 1 by (1+x)
(1+x)^(k+1) >(1 +k*x + k*x^2) (1+x)

i tried to do this
but its not working
(1+x)^(k+1) >(1 +k*x + k*x^2) (1+x)>(1 +k*x + k*x^2)(1+x)^(k+1) >(1 +k*x + k*x^2)

??

First, have you found n1? I suggest using the strong form of induction: Assume the inequality is valid for all whole numbers less n.

what is the general way of finding n1?

whats strong form of induction?

i know
n=k
n=k+1

??

transgalactic said:
what is the general way of finding n1?
I don't know of a general way. I would try n1 = 1, 2, 3, etc. and see which one works.

whats strong form of induction?
Instead of assuming n = k and proving n = k + 1, you assume the proposition is true for all k < n and then prove the proposition for n.

1. How does two variable induction work?

Two variable induction involves applying an electrical current to a coil of wire to create a changing magnetic field. This changing magnetic field induces a current in a nearby second coil of wire, which can then be measured and analyzed.

2. What are the applications of two variable induction?

Two variable induction has a variety of applications, including in electric motors, generators, transformers, and wireless charging technologies. It is also used in scientific research for experiments involving electromagnetic induction.

3. How do the variables affect the strength of induction?

The two variables that affect the strength of induction are the number of coils in the first and second coil and the rate at which the magnetic field changes. The more coils and the faster the change in magnetic field, the greater the induced current will be.

4. What are the limitations of two variable induction?

Two variable induction is limited by the distance between the two coils, as the strength of the induced current decreases with distance. It is also affected by factors such as the material of the coils and the frequency of the current.

5. How is two variable induction different from other forms of induction?

Two variable induction differs from other forms of induction, such as self-induction and mutual induction, in that it involves two separate coils instead of just one. It also involves a changing magnetic field, whereas other forms of induction may use a constant magnetic field.