Robotics Universities: MIT, CMU, Georgia Tech, Utah

In summary, there are several universities in the US that have strong programs and research in robotics, including MIT, CMU, Georgia Tech, and Utah. Other notable universities include the University of Arizona, Caltech, and Stanford. Monash University in Australia also has a strong robotics program, specifically the Institute of Robotics and Intelligent Systems. There is also a distinction between Real World Computing and robotics, with Stanford offering a specialization in robotics within their Master of Science in Computer Science degree.
mathcompsci
I know of 4 universities in the US that deal heavily with Robotics.

MIT
CMU
Georgia Tech
Utah

Do you guys know of any other computer science departments that deal heavily with robotics? Say for instance, they have 3 or more researchers working in robotics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Robotics? Carnegie Mellon's the best out there :) If you have questions about CMU in particular, feel free to PM me, I'm an undergrad there and I'm doing a summer intern at the Robotics Institute there.

University of Arizona and Caltech have robotics programs I think.

AJ

Last edited:
Just on a away from US note:

Monash University has good faculty and research projects i think

Check out IRRC at Monash. I know for a fact that A.Prof RA Russell is doing some good work on there

Put Stanford into your list. Drop Utah and Georgia Tech.

Friends can anyone tell me the difference Real World Computing and robotics.

http://www-cs.stanford.edu/degrees/mscs/specializations/

1. What are the top robotics universities in the United States?

The top robotics universities in the United States include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), and University of Utah.

2. What makes MIT a top robotics university?

MIT is considered a top robotics university because of its long history and strong reputation in the field. It has a dedicated robotics research center and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in robotics, including a popular interdisciplinary Robotics and Autonomous Systems degree program.

3. What is unique about CMU's robotics program?

CMU's robotics program is unique because it was the first university to offer a dedicated robotics degree program in 1979. It also has a strong focus on interdisciplinary research and collaboration, with its Robotics Institute being one of the largest robotics research centers in the world.

4. How does Georgia Tech's robotics program stand out?

Georgia Tech's robotics program stands out for its strong emphasis on hands-on learning and real-world applications. It also has a wide range of research areas, including robotics for healthcare, space exploration, and human-robot interaction.

5. What opportunities are available for robotics students at the University of Utah?

The University of Utah offers a variety of opportunities for robotics students, including undergraduate and graduate degree programs, research opportunities in areas such as assistive robotics and bio-inspired robotics, and access to state-of-the-art robotics facilities and equipment.