Auto Forward Email: Scripts & PHP Solutions

• Thread starter Tom McCurdy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Auto Email
In summary, the person is seeking a PHP script that can automatically forward emails from a specific email address to their website. They mention that a mentor for a group they are in emails through Yahoo Groups and they have to manually copy and paste the information into their site. They are looking for a way to automate this process using functions from the PHP library such as POP3/IMAP.
Tom McCurdy
How would I go about getting a script that would automatically foward something from an email to a website. I would like it to be a php script if possible. The problem is that a mentor for a group I am in emails everyone through yahoo groups and I have to manually copy and paste it into a site I have created. I am trying to get it so whenever an email goes to a specific email dedicated only for the yahoo group emails that it would automatically be added to my site which is in php.

Computer science news on Phys.org

There are a few different ways you could approach automating the forwarding of emails to your website. One option would be to use a pre-existing PHP script designed for this purpose, such as the "Auto Forward Email" script mentioned in the content. You could also write your own custom PHP script to handle the forwarding process.

To get started, you will first need to create a dedicated email address for the Yahoo group emails. This could be a new email account specifically for this purpose, or you could use an existing email address and set up rules or filters to automatically forward emails from the Yahoo group to your dedicated email address.

Next, you will need to decide how you want the emails to be added to your website. One option would be to have the script automatically create a new post or page on your website for each forwarded email. Another option would be to have the script add the email content to an existing page or post on your website. You could also have the script create a separate archive or database of all the forwarded emails.

Once you have a clear idea of what you want the script to do, you can start looking for pre-existing scripts or begin writing your own. If you are not familiar with PHP, you may want to consider hiring a developer to help you create a custom script that meets your specific needs.

Overall, automating the forwarding of emails from a Yahoo group to your website can save you time and effort in the long run. It may take some initial setup and testing, but once the script is in place, it should be able to handle the forwarding process seamlessly. Good luck!

1. How does auto forwarding email work?

Auto forwarding email works by using scripts or PHP solutions to automatically redirect incoming emails from one email address to another. These scripts are set up to monitor the inbox of one email address and when a new email is received, it is automatically forwarded to the specified email address.

2. Can I set up auto forwarding for multiple email addresses?

Yes, you can set up auto forwarding for multiple email addresses. You can either use a script that allows you to specify multiple forwarding addresses, or you can set up individual scripts for each email address you want to forward.

3. What are the benefits of using auto forwarding for emails?

Auto forwarding can save you time and effort by automatically redirecting important emails to your preferred email address. It can also help you to keep your inbox organized by having all your emails in one place. Additionally, it can improve communication by ensuring that you receive all important emails in a timely manner.

4. Are there any security risks associated with auto forwarding email?

Yes, there can be security risks with auto forwarding email. If not set up properly, it can potentially expose sensitive information to unintended recipients. It is important to use reputable scripts and regularly monitor your forwarding settings to ensure no unauthorized changes have been made.

5. Can I customize the forwarding settings for specific emails?

Yes, you can customize the forwarding settings for specific emails. Some scripts and PHP solutions allow you to set up filters or rules to specify which emails should be forwarded and which should not. This can help you to avoid forwarding spam or irrelevant emails.