Integrating Sin Sqrt(x^2 + pi^2) - Help!

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the integral of sin(sqrt(x^2+pi^2)) and finding the equation of a tangent line given a specific value of x. The speaker is confused about how to approach the problem, but is advised to substitute x=0 into the equation to find the y value.
camboguy

Homework Equations

i have to find the intergral of

sin squroot((x^2)+(pi^2))

The Attempt at a Solution

im stuch on what i am suposed to do, i have -cos for the intergration of sin but I am confused what i do with squroot and its content.

Physics news on Phys.org
That doesn't really look like an integral anyone can do. Is that actually the complete problem?

it says find the equation of the tanget line at the given balue of x, x is 0 in this case. i found the slope to be zero but i don't know how to find the y value

Then you don't want to integrate it. Just substitute x=0 into y=sin(sqrt(x^2+pi^2)) to find y.

Thank You.

1. What is the meaning of "Integrating Sin Sqrt(x^2 + pi^2) - Help!"?

The phrase "integrating Sin Sqrt(x^2 + pi^2) - Help!" refers to finding the antiderivative or integral of the function Sin Sqrt(x^2 + pi^2), with the added clarification that the person asking the question needs assistance with this task.

2. Why is it important to integrate this specific function?

This function may arise in various mathematical or scientific problems that involve calculating areas, velocities, or other quantities that require integration. It is also a common example used in calculus courses to teach integration techniques.

3. What is the general process for integrating Sin Sqrt(x^2 + pi^2)?

The general process for integrating this function involves using substitution, trigonometric identities, and integration by parts. It may also require manipulation of the integrand to make it easier to integrate.

4. Are there any tips for integrating Sin Sqrt(x^2 + pi^2)?

One tip for integrating this function is to first simplify the square root by using the identity Sqrt(x^2) = |x|, where the absolute value ensures that the result is always positive. Another tip is to look for patterns or symmetries in the integrand that can make the integration process easier.

5. Can you provide an example of integrating Sin Sqrt(x^2 + pi^2)?

Yes, an example of integrating Sin Sqrt(x^2 + pi^2) is as follows:
∫Sin Sqrt(x^2 + pi^2) dx = -1/2(x√(x^2 + pi^2) + pi^2ln|x + √(x^2 + pi^2)|) + C
This solution can be obtained by using the substitution u = x^2 + pi^2 and then applying integration by parts.