Who's on your 'Thanks' list? Share your appreciation on the THANKS Thread!

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
In summary, members of the forum are expressing their gratitude and thanks to various individuals for their help, knowledge, and contributions to the community. Some notable mentions include Zz, arildno, Moonbear, Astronuc, and Greg, among others. The forum is described as a diverse and educational atmosphere that has helped members improve their understanding and knowledge of various subjects. There is also a sense of camaraderie and appreciation for the community as a whole.
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The " THANKS !" Thread

Someone help you out with that problem that had been eating your head all weekend ? Have you had a great discussion that you are thankful for ? Did that post on XYZ answer questions you've been to embarrassed to ask all your life ? Find some member's posts generally informative ?

Here's where you show your thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd like to thank Zz for useful discussions and valuable references in Condensed Matter.

And I'd like to thank arildno, for catching my attention when I first visited PF ! I'm glad I stuck around. :smile:

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
I'd like to thank Zz for useful discussions and valuable references in Condensed Matter.

Seconded. I also love it when he grinds crackpots to pieces.

Hurkyl, hypnagogue, loseyourname, and matt grime spring immediately to mind as people who have repeatedly been a great help to me personally. I also enjoy reading posts by and have learned a lot from (in no particular order) HallsofIvy, AKG, mathwonk, SelfAdjoint, Tom Mattson, Canute, Les Sleeth, saltydog, and I'll surely think of others...

Is the forum going to be wiped out and at the end we thank everyone who's helped us through the years...?

Greg,have mercy !:cry:

Daniel.

P.S.(as an edit):Why's everyone acting as if the end of world is scheduled for tomorrow (see the latest 3 threads in this (sub)forum)...? :uhh: Do you people know something i don't...? :bugeye:

P.P.S.You're welcome,Arildno...Are u leaving us...? :tongue2:

Last edited:
And a big hearty thanks to dextercioby aka Daniel! :devil:

I want to thank Moonbear for her advice and encouragement before I had to keep a talk.

:rofl: @ Dex

Gokul43201 said:
And I'd like to thank arildno, for catching my attention when I first visited PF ! I'm glad I stuck around. :smile:
Oh, I have to thank myself then for getting a great Super Mentor to hang around at PF!
Thanks, arildno! :blushing:

I learned the most from Vanesch, Tom, DrCinese, SelfAdjoint and marcus

regards
marlon

i also want to thank Karen, the future mechanical engineer for being so beautiful

marlon

It's tough to name just one person. One thing I can tell you is that PF has only gotten better over the years, and it's because of you people. When PF was in its infancy I would have ranked myself among the top 5 members as far as physics knowledge goes, and now I find myself in the middle of the pack (Glad I got my Mentorship way back then! :tongue: ). But I'm working every day to move back to the front of the room :wink: .

Thanks to everyone who has taught me and whom I have taught, because both are learning experiences for me!

*big group hug*

I'll thank Clausius for being the thermo daddy. Without him, 2 years of thermodynamics lectures would have left me completely bewildered. As it stands, I'm only moderately bewildered.

Also to PerennialIII and Astronuc, for FEA help.

And also to Moonbear, for plastering my CV with corrections.

I would have to thank the Greg, Warren, the SuperMentors, everyone who posted so far, everyone mentioned so far, for great questions and great answers, and the opportunity to share and expand the knowledge. :cool:

PF is definitely a great place to be. :approve:

And I, in turn, would like to give thanks to Astronuc's improbably full beard. :smile:

- Warren

I will like to thank Arildno, Mathwonk, HallsofIvy and Matt Grime, because by reading their answers I've cleared myself of plenty unprecise definitions i had in the beautiful science we know as mathematics :biggrin:

I would like to thank Space Tiger for taking time and thought to explain every question he answers in a way that is understandable, enlightening and enjoyable to read.
Thx Nick oh and ill add to that Id like to thank him for being such a hottie too ! :!)

Big Kudos to Krab and ZapperZ specifically for the clean, clear language used in their explanations.

Chi Meson said:
Big Kudos to Krab

Seconded, i forget to add his name to my list of people from whom i learned the most. I should also thank Spacetiger for explaining the CMB to me in such a great way

regards

marlon

I'd like to thank Astronuc in his show of prolific manliness. Seriously, just a skull and crossbones hat and a hook and you're all the way there!

respect!

brewnog said:
I'll thank Clausius for being the thermo daddy. Without him, 2 years of thermodynamics lectures would have left me completely bewildered. As it stands, I'm only moderately bewildered.

That has made me to smile :rofl: .

I have to acknowledge those who have helped me when I posted some question or doubt. You know, there is always some group of friends here who always try to do their best helping you.

It is worth to mention Astronuc, Marlon, Arildno, Brewnog, Minger, Daniel, Enigma, Russ, Integral, Doc Al, Morbius, PerenialII, QGoest, and a lot of people just now I don't remember.

And it is worth to mention also those who have adviced me about extra-academic issues: Moonbear, Astronuc, Arildno, Marlon, Daniel, Tsu, Gokul... and in general all the community of the PF General Discussion.

I must congratulate PF administrators for keeping on sustaining this forum.

Gracias, amigos.

Bladibla said:
I'd like to thank Astronuc in his show of prolific manliness.
:uhh:

arildno said:

He wrote "manliness",why were you thinking of some other word (ending in "hood")...? :rolleyes: :tongue2:

Daniel.

I'd like to thank Greg for starting PhysicsForums in the first place. I've yet to see a more diverse and educational atmosphere that is comprised of such intelligent people. This place has been giving me something to take part in for six months now, and I still look forward to reading and posting every day I can. I hope PF will be around for years to come.

This toast's to you, Greg! Thank you. :tongue2:

I actually want to thank chroot for slapping me into place when I was meddling in places I shouldn't have been. Thanks man. I've learned a lot from this site.

whozum said:
I actually want to thank chroot for slapping me into place when I was meddling in places I shouldn't have been. Thanks man. I've learned a lot from this site.
Glad to hear you didn't take it too personally! Goodness knows I've been put in my place more times than I can count on this very forum. Knowing the limits of one's knowledge might be more important than the knowledge itself. I'm glad you stuck around!

- Warren

arildno said:

Oh you don't the story behind it. He (astronuc) thinks its normal with just having shorts on at temperatures of -20.

That is true toughness shown.

Thank you all people who supported so far...
Don't ever misunderstand me. That I believe should be the only way to help you get more rates and keep things in normal orbits :smile:. This way of saying thanks to helpful people is great, I think...

Bladibla said:
Oh you don't the story behind it. He (astronuc) thinks its normal with just having shorts on at temperatures of -20.

That is true toughness shown.
That's not impressive. I'm a Norwegian.

the coolest member of this forum is DANGER. the biggest ******* on this forum is...er well, let us not go into that ? How about a most unpopular/biggest jerk member thanks-thread or poll ?

marlon

Marlon,what's with this rant,did u get the warning ?? :tongue2:

:devil:

We've always gotten along just fine.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Marlon,what's with this rant,did u get the warning ?? :tongue2:

:devil:

We've always gotten along just fine.

Daniel.

:rofl:

Trust me, you are amoung my favourites... :tongue2: o:)

marlon

I would like to thanks especially Matt Grime ,Astronuc ,Andrew Mason,HallsOfIvy,Moonbear and everybody else on this forum...
This site is a great learning experience and u ppls are just gr8 and very much devoted in helping ppls.

arildno said:
That's not impressive. I'm a Norwegian.

That's not impressive. Launch yourself to the heart of a star, come back unharmed, and then I'll respect you.

=)

I want to start by thanking Marlon for the overly generous compliment, as well as for the many incisive and detailed explanations that he has given to other people and I learned from as a side-effect, and for pointing this thread out to me in the first place.
Those that I correspond with on a regular basis in GD have become very valuable to me, both for instillation of new knowledge and for keeping my wits sharp to deal with them. Moonbear, SOS, Artman, Ivan, Hypatia, Huckleberry, Integral, MIH, Zooby, Astronuc, Icvotria, Dex, Ian, Arildno, Cronxeh, Doc Toxyn, Yomamma, the goddess Evo, Loseyourname, Fred Garvin...
Mostly, I guess, Brewnog for bringing me on board in the first place.
And thanks, Gokul, for not only the educational bits but for starting this thread.

If I've left anyone out (other than those that I left out deliberately), I'll come back and edit you in.

Last edited:
Danger said:
Mostly, I guess, Brewnog for bringing me on board in the first place.

In that case, I'd like to reciprocally thank Danger for being the little red guy with horns who sits on my shoulder all day long...