Anybody can help i need a topic in theoretical physics .?

In summary, the person is looking for a topic in theoretical physics that represents a problem that a researcher faced, but they don't know where to start. They suggest reading semi-popular literature to get an idea of what is going on in the field, and also to get an idea of what is required to do theoretical physics.
physicist2010
anybody can help ... i need a topic in theoretical physics ...?!

hello everybody !
how are you everybody ...?!
i wish you are ok ...

at first let me introduce myself ...
i'm a graduated physicist "2009" ...tel aviv university
me and two friends want to do a research in physics "i mean theoretical physics", we will work as a team.
we want to do something new. So, please suggest a topic that represent a problem that a researcher faced. but i want to be sure that it is theoretical.

as you know theoretical physics need nothing but a computer and to be patient, we do have both of them.
but the experimental physics need more money, as i mentioned before "we are recently graduated" so we have no enough money.

please, make sure that we want to solve a problem that a physicist faced, something new ...

thank you for your patience,
sorry for talking a lot, and
sorry for my bad English.

Thank you for your time.

Physics news on Phys.org

no one would help me !
thank you anyway

I'll assume you haven't done a PhD in physics if you have to ask us this question in the first place. A PhD in the field would be a good place to start - you'll most likely need more training than you have to start doing original theoretical work. And the first place to start is your local university library - read up on the field you're interested in and see what people are doing.

I assume that you are working full-time and do not want to continue to an MSc. Which, by the way, would be the right thing to do if you want to do theoretical physics. So I think you should reconsider, perhaps you can work and study simultaneously. Otherwise I really cannot see what is the point of your question. Physics is not something you can do as a hobby.

In the mean time, you can attend departmental seminars and colloquiums in order to get an idea of what is going on in the field that interests you. By the way, "theoretical physics" is way too general, you need to focus somehow, for example by reading semi-popular literature (Physics Today...) which you can probably find in the library.

And, most importantly, loose the amateur attitude. Your question sounds a bit like: "Me and my friends want to win a nobel prize, but we don't know what physics is about".

thank you cosmogirl and eri, i think you are right.
i need to read more about what is going on around the physics world.

cosmogirl: you said "Your question sounds a bit like: "Me and my friends want to win a nobel prize, but we don't know what physics is about"".
well, that is right but the way is too long an it is not easy to go on in unknown field whatever is it, we did know this, we are looking for "nobel prize".
but we also know that we have to go through this tough way.

anyway, thank you for your help,
thank you for making me see clearly

you were very helpful.

1. What are some popular topics in theoretical physics?

Some popular topics in theoretical physics include quantum mechanics, relativity, cosmology, string theory, and particle physics.

2. How can I choose a topic in theoretical physics?

To choose a topic in theoretical physics, you can start by identifying your areas of interest and then researching current trends and advancements in those areas. You can also consult with a mentor or professor for guidance.

3. What are some resources for finding topics in theoretical physics?

Some resources for finding topics in theoretical physics include scientific journals, research papers, and conferences. You can also visit websites of reputable universities and institutes that specialize in theoretical physics.

4. Are there any emerging or unique topics in theoretical physics?

Yes, there are always new and emerging topics in theoretical physics as the field is constantly evolving. Some recent examples include dark matter and dark energy, gravitational waves, and the multiverse theory.

5. Can I combine theoretical physics with other fields for my topic?

Yes, theoretical physics can be combined with other fields such as mathematics, computer science, and engineering to explore interdisciplinary topics. Some examples include quantum computing and theoretical biophysics.