Upgrading computer Hardware, these item good ?

In summary: It's hard to say exactly without knowing more about your budget. It definitely sounds like a lot of money to spend on a graphics card, but it definitely has its perks.IMO it's worth it to upgrade to a newer graphics card, as it will give you a lot of performance for your dollar. I'm just not sure if the older video card is capable of handling the resolution you want to play at.
JPC
- Motherboard Asus bus 1333
- Processor Intel Core 2 duo 2.33 ghz bus 1333
- 2* (1 go ddr 2)

I know in my country i can have that for 550 euros (my initial budget was 600)
Is there anything i could change here (on item list) , which would give me a minimum more speed for about 50 euros more ?

I just know ddr3 too expensive for me in france

Computer science news on Phys.org
JPC said:
- Motherboard Asus bus 1333
- Processor Intel Core 2 duo 2.33 ghz bus 1333
- 2* (1 go ddr 2)

I know in my country i can have that for 550 euros (my initial budget was 600)
Is there anything i could change here (on item list) , which would give me a minimum more speed for about 50 euros more ?

I just know ddr3 too expensive for me in france

I may have noticed this post a bit sooner if it was in the computer section, but anyway. Do you have a particular Asus motherboard in mind or just any of their 1333 bus boards? You are looking in the right direction though with wanting to stick with DDR2. The performance vs. cost with DDR3 is still a little outrageous to consider it for anything close to a budget build. It the moment, more ram would be more beneficial than less faster ram.

Well what are you using your computer for and what OS are you running? Are you saying you can get just that for 550 euros? That seems quite expensive, here you could probably get that for $250!

Sorry for late response
i have already bought it, works well
- a P5K DDR2, double core compatible, 2 graphic card slots, motherboard
- 2.33 Ghz Dual core 2 Processor
- Corsair 800Mhz ram set

And i know its so expensive in France. Because of all those taxes everywhere.

If you have a decent heatsink, that board and processor combo has some awesome overclocking potential. Even if you have just the standard Intel heatsink, you can still up it quite a bit.

Did the board come with any software for monitoring cpu and board temps? It being an Asus board I'm assuming it did. Out of curiosity, as Alex inquired, what are your plans for it?

it did

my plans : Play video games with the highest graphic quality

JPC said:
it did

my plans : Play video games with the highest graphic quality

The motherboard does play a part, but most of that is going to rely on your choice of graphics card(s). What graphics did you go with?

1950 XT Pro

JPC said:
1950 XT Pro

Does the motherboard support SLI or Crossfire? What kind of monitor do you have and what resolutions do you plan on playing the games at? The only problem I'm seeing is that the video card is little older (slower) than the potential that the motherboard holds. If you upgraded the video card and overclocked the processor just a slight amount, your game performance will increase by a considerable amount. Graphics cards seem to benefit a great amount once you reach the 3.0GHz mark with the processors. If I was to make a recommendation, I would say upgrade your graphics and overclock a bit.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/graphics-cards/3dmark06-v1-0-2-hdr-sm3-0-score,538.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=724&chart=275

motherboard supports Crossfire i think
resolution : 1280 * 1024

but right now, works well
i have already spent a lot this year, i'll wait december for new purshasing

Here's a good example showing what happens when you start to turn up the resolution, anti-aliasing and antiscopic filtering. The slower cars really start to show their Achilles heel.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/desktop-vga-charts/3dmark06-v1-0-2-hdr-sm3-0-score,540.html?p=1596%2C1598%2C1599%2C1579%2C1589%2C1593%2C1611%2C1570%2C1628%2C1572%2C1631%2C1580%2C1576%2C1575%2C1566%2C1569%2C1629%2C1622%2C1605%2C1563%2C%2C

remember that in france, for having the equivalent price :
convert 1 dollar = 1 euro (instead of 1.5 dollar = 1 euro), and add between 50 and 100 euros
everything is very expensive in france

But thanks for your information : )

You're welcome. At least you rest assured that the prices will have dropped considerably by December.

What are the benefits of upgrading computer hardware?

Upgrading computer hardware can improve overall system performance, increase storage capacity, and allow for better graphics and multimedia capabilities. It can also prolong the lifespan of your computer and make it more compatible with newer software and technologies.

Which hardware components should I prioritize when upgrading?

The most important hardware components to consider when upgrading are the central processing unit (CPU), random access memory (RAM), graphics card, and storage drive. These components have the biggest impact on overall system performance.

How often should I upgrade my computer hardware?

The frequency of hardware upgrades depends on your individual needs and usage. Generally, it is recommended to upgrade every 3-5 years to keep up with technological advancements and ensure optimal performance.

What are some signs that my computer hardware needs to be upgraded?

If your computer is running slow, experiencing frequent crashes or freezes, or is no longer able to run newer software or games, it may be time to upgrade your hardware. You may also notice low storage space or outdated components compared to newer models.

Do I need to hire a professional to upgrade my computer hardware?

While it is possible to upgrade hardware yourself, it is recommended to seek professional help if you are not familiar with computer hardware or if you are upgrading multiple components at once. This can ensure that the upgrades are done correctly and avoid any potential damage to the system.